Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Since mid December, I've worn an ab belt.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

I wore it everywhere I was except the shower, including after working out, when it was itchy after sweating so much. Up until April, I wore it only when I slept, about five and a half hours a night. When I wake up and it feels sticky from the sweat.My chief concern is that if I stop wearing it, I will gain weight because my body is so used to the ab belt because my weight is something that I've worked hard to lose at first and then maintain.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there!
Abdominal belts may be useful in reducing belly fat and abdominal girth. You need to consult a doctor before continuing to use abdominal belts for such a prolonged period of time. These abdominal belts may cause minor and serious injuries. They can cause pain, burns, bruises and skin irritation. If you need to maintain your weight it is recommended that you follow a diet and exercise regime. That will definitely be helpful. Do keep us posted.
Kind regards!
If I stop wearing it for a long time (I went three nights without it so far), will I then gain weight due to my body being used to the ab belt?