Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Skin folds and skin conditions due to fat rolls

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Justa quick question i ahve put on 30 pounds and now my tummy folds over. i notice dint he fold a deep red line, like a scab and it stings and hurts. waht is this and how would i treat it?
thank you
I'm sorry, we aren't doctors.  The red line could be irritation from your skin folding over - if the area stays damp/sweaty a lot; however, since I'm not a doctor, I can't tell you for sure and would hate to tell you something that isn't correct.  I would advise you to get your doctor to look at it and prescribe the proper med.  
Avatar n tn
HI, I was wondering if you have received help for your painful skin fold?

I have had the same thing for about a year and I can't get anyone to take me serious about it.

I went to see a doctor yesterday and he, practically, laughed at me about it.

No one understands how much it hurts.

Mine is very painful and red on the fold line on my upper abdomen.

Mine hurts all the time.  My dad said it could be a form of psoriasis, but he wasn't sure.

Everyone keeps telling me it's all in my head, but you can see it on my belly.

If you find anything that helps, then please let me know.
I don't believe for one minute that this is in your head.

I can't believe that a doctor had the audacity to laugh at you - what horrible bedside manner!!  

I wonder if you have tried some type of powder or corn starch on the area to help absorb moisture, since it would seem that an area where skin folds over might sweat a lot.  I don't have a lot of folds, but I do have a problem on my inner thighs and underarms sometimes.  I put a bit of baby powder on to keep my skin dry and that helps keep it from chafing.  There are a variety of medicated powders on the market that might help; or plain old corn starch.

You might also try a medicated diaper rash cream, but to me it would make more sense to keep the area dry.  

These are a couple of suggestions; however, once again, please bear in mind that I'm not a doctor, so you might want to see a dermatologist.
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
KTowne commented on photo
KTowne commented on KeeLolo's status
KTowne commented on photo
Track your weight over time