Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Starting diet today!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Starting diet today!

Hi,I'm 22 next month and am wanting to lose quite a bit of weight, I have a show coming up at the end of march and have a lovely dress I need to fit into (it does fit....just, but I want to feel comfortable on stage)  my aim is to lose a minimum of around 6-8lbs by then and then once the show is out of the way to reach my target weight ( for this I need to lose around 2 stone)  it will be great to have some one or more than one person to help keep me on track and for me to help them also.  :) x
Hi!
To lose weight eat more of green leafy vegetables, fruits and protein and less of spaghetti, potato etc.  I suggest you eat frequent small meals and stop counting calories. It is best to eat lots of fruits and non-starchy green veggies, go slow on fats, eat carbohydrates in moderation and increase your protein intake (lean cuts, whites of eggs etc). Drink plenty of water and non fattening fluids such as clear soups etc. Look for hidden calories in salads and soups and avoid them (eg: cheese, butter, dressings etc).
Also, you need to exercise regularly. You need to start slow and then build up stamina as the days progress. A combination of aerobic, strength training and stretches works best.
If you want to do it right all the way then join a gym or physical trainer. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.