Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Stretched belly wont shrink- what do I do ??!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

I am 5 foot 2 and I weigh about 13.8 stone.

A couple of years ago I developed anxiety and depression, which made me not able to go out and do stuff so I just ate and ate and ate- I weight 16 stone !

I thought enough is enough I am going to go outside of this house and do stuff- so I did. Months went on and I my diet gradually got better and got down to 14 stone.
I started horse-riding and because of weight limits I had to go down to 13.9 stone.
I go to the gym sometimes and what I do with the horses on the ground and riding is very physical and active.

At the moment I am trying to lose more weight (my goal is to get to 12.7 stone) But I am losing inches around my waist, arms, thighs etc but my over-hanging lower belly is just staying the same. I think due to me being 16 stone in the past has caused overstretch, what do you think ?

I would like some advice please ? I dont know whether it would shrink as I lose more weight ? Or I need something more drastic to get rid of it ?

Thankyou!!
Hi!
You are having an over-hanging belly and not losing weight around the waist because in order to do so you need to incorporate a combination of exercises. If you want to lose weight, then you must do it the scientific way for long term benefits, healthy glow, and a good physique and body. It's best to join a nutrition expert and a physical trainer and follow their advice. Incorporating yoga into this regimen takes stress out of this exercise to lose weight. Also the diet should contain more of green leafy vegetables, fruits and protein and less of spaghetti, potato etc.  I suggest you eat frequent small meals and stop counting calories. It is best to eat lots of fruits and non-starchy green veggies, go slow on fats, eat carbohydrates in moderation and increase your protein intake (lean cuts, whites of eggs etc). Drink plenty of water and non fattening fluids such as clear soups etc. Look for hidden calories in salads and soups and avoid them (eg: cheese, butter, dressings etc).
Also, you need to exercise regularly. A combination of aerobic, strength training and stretches works best. Many people find it difficult to fit an exercise regimen into their lives. The best way is to join a gym. You can also hire a personal trainer. Otherwise you could learn the exercises for your abdomen at the gym you go to and carry them out at home too.
If that is not possible, try building exercise into your daily life. If you lead a busy life, then walk to work, or to bus stand etc, climb stairs instead of using lifts, walk while talking on cell phone, or briskly walk to any place you are going to. See how you can change your lifestyle to incorporate exercise. Hope this helps. Take care!
Hi!
Thankyou very much ! That was very interesting to read and I will definately put it into practice.