Struggling to lose weight
I am a 19 year old female, 5'4'', and currently 150 pounds. I am extremely active. I figure skate, weight lift, attend aerobics, and do additional cardio training. I have been on Jenny Craig for four months and got down to 142 pounds, but it came back on. I currently am eating 1200 calories a day and do physical activity every day faithfully. My goal weight is 130-135, but I can never get passed 142. It seems the more I exercise, the more I gain. I know muscle weighs more than fat, but there's no way I've gained that much muscle. I just want this weight to go away. I need help.
What has your counselor from Jenny Craig said? Did she tell you to go to the doctor? Maybe you should get a check up if you haven't already. What kinds of food are you eating? Are you eating enough for the amount of exercise your doing? Let us know so maybe we can help.
My cousleor said its probably water weight from building muscle, but it's getting so frusterating. I have been to the doctor and have checked for thyroid problems. The only thing unusual was that my estrogen levels were a little high, but nothing to worry about. I ate the Jenny Craig meals three times a day, have lots of vegetables, two servings of fruit, two servings of milk, and a Jenny Craig snack. This all adds up to around 1200 calories a day. I am scared to eat more for the amount of exercise I do because I noticed if I eat more, my weekly weigh-ins are not the best. I feel very frusterated to be only 19 and exercising this much and eating so little and not losing, but gaining weight.
I would start with eating a little more. Maybe just 2-300 calories more a day for 2 weeks. That will not make you gain weight. How much are you exercising a week? Hrs and types? Let me know.
I exercise everyday. I do cardio for 45-60 minutes. I also strength train every other day. I use 8 and 10 pound weights. I might get in more cardio if I have time for it.
When I was around your age I was taking ballet five days a week and did not lose any weight, even though I was UNDEREATING (because I was short of money). I was tired. I was going to school, working, studying ballet and going short on sleep. Then I quit school temporarily and just worked normal hours. I went to parties, I slept like a log, ate twice as much - and lost the weight I had gained. Probably what had happened is that my thyroid was not functioning properly because of the strain I was putting on my body.

I don't know if any of this applies to you, but you might consider if you are overdoing things. I do suspect, however, that overexercising is not the answer for you.