Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Sunday Weigh In - December 18, 2011

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Sunday Weigh In - December 18, 2011

Good morning once again.  Here we are with another week behind us and it's time for the weigh in.  I hope everyone has been doing well.

My week wasn't too bad, though I didn't lose any weight - well, I dropped a couple pounds of "fluid weight", but as I retain fluid again, I get them right back, which is the case this morning.  I weighed in at 148 vs last week's 146, but I know it's only water weight. Recent blood test results and symptoms shows my thyroid levels to be off again, as well. Even knowing all that, fair is fair, so I'll have to take a 2 pound gain for this week.  grrrrr

I have done relatively well with my eating, except that I've eaten too  much salt (reason for the swelling), so I have to try to cut back on that again.  As for exercise, I've walked every day for the past week (except yesterday) for at least 30-45 minutes, plus routine things around the house and yard.  

I'm hoping to get back to my Wii Fit and/or yoga, this week as well.  That should help.

So how about you?  How's everyone else doing?  I hope you're have better success than I've had.  However, your week has turned out, let us know so we can praise or encourage.

Wishing everyone a great week.

Remember, we win by losing.  :-)

Hi ladies,

I have been unmotivated to keep up with the gym and eating well since my Aun had her baby. I am with her and him when I'm not working and sleeping and she is still eating takeout and such so I just eat the same.

I weighed in today at 155 which is up from the 143 that I was. Disappointing. I know I cannot do the 5-7 days a week at the gym that I was doing (has us back up an it's freezing so hard to run outside) but I am going to bring a towel and sandals to the gym and shower there so I can't make it a choice between seeing my baby cousin an helping my aunt or going to the gym - I can do both!

Christmas shopping is a stressful idea as well; haven't done any. At least I'll be running around the mall versus sitting on my butt ;-)
I am very disapointed. I have not been this heavy since august.

I gained 3.1 lbs in the last 2 weeks.

I'm always so tired! I hope I'm going to get more energy soon.

I'm standing 70 pound lighter than 2 years ago, but as heavy than in august. When I go see my doc in January I know she'll tell me I have to do better! It might not show in my 6 month doctor weight in, but I worked realy hard!
Hi ladies,

drewlevas and LaDonna --  With the Christmas season at hand, I've decided to try to simply "hold steady" until I get past it.  This year has been particularly stressful for me and I've not been able to concentrate on weight issues.  

Let's not beat ourselves up, right now; we don't deserve that.

drewlevas - have you had your thyroid tested recently?  Fatigue and weight gain/inability to lose are key symptoms of hypothyroidism.  I struggle with it, so I know what it feels like.

LaDonna -- congratulations on a new baby cousin.. Maybe you should try bringing most of your own meals with you, so you can get around the take out.  Bringing your towel and shoes to the gym is a good idea.  
I apologize that a "best answer" got chosen for this thread -- for some reason MH glitched, which has happened before.  

There IS no best answer for the weigh in - it's just what it is for each of us;
Thanks Barb and you're very right. I think a big part of what makes weightloss difficult is that self-deprecation all women seem to be great at ;-)

I have my gym bag packed and in my car! I bought an actual sports bag and a lock so I will feel more secure changing and such at the gym as well.

I totally avoided the take out last night and went home and had a small meal of pasta with toast even though it was 8pm.  
How can we add eachother as friends??
To add someone as a friend, put your mouse over the name and when the dialogue box opens, look on the right side where it says "leave a note", "send message" or "add as friend".  Click "add as friend" and the recipient will get an "invitation"........ You can try it with me if you like, if it doesn't work, let me know.

Yes, I think all too often, we are too hard on ourselves.  We would never dream of treating our friends the way we treat ourselves sometimes.  

I'm so happy that you packed your gym bag and have it ready to go; AND that you avoided the take out last night.  

Let's work on this together.
Well, no comment needed except they found my Vit D to be very low again and I passed 3 kidney stones the past month so I will use that as my excuse LOL!

C~
hey there sorry so late I didnt do so well this week back up again up 2.8 I am feeling like a yo yo right now lose 3 gain 3 lose 3 gain 3 its really driving me crazy lol
You sound like me -- I think I've gained and lost the same 5 pounds, at least once a week for the past 3 years.  Have you had your thyroid levels checked to rule out issues there?  Weight loss with unresolved thyroid issues can be a nightmare - I know, I've been there, done that.   Hang in there and don't give up; though, as I said above: I think  I'm better off to go into a "holding pattern" until after the Holidays and we get through the stress.

CC9 -- sorry to hear about your kidney stones and low Vitamin D.  I hope they've put you back on the high doses to build back up.  You're among friends here, so you don't need excuses........ :-)