Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Sunday Weigh In - February 19, 2012

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Sunday Weigh In - February 19, 2012

Good morning, everyone........How are we doing today?  I hope everyone has has a good week.

My week was busy, but not bad. Didn't get a lot accomplished though, which I don't like, but it's over now and nothing I can do to change what's already gone past.  I did help my husband clear some things out of his shop to haul to the dump and to recycling, so at least I got something accomplished.

As far as eating is concerned, I haven't done too badly.  We had sort of gotten into the habit of going out to do an errand, and running into Mickey D's to eat, "on the way"......... I did tell hubby that we need to stop doing that, because it's bad for my weight and my health, since I do have high cholesterol, so we haven't done that the past few days.  I've been trying to stick with lots of veggies, whole grains, protein, etc.

Exercise - I've walked for at least an hour/day (the path we take is approx 3 miles), every day this past week - no, I'm sorry, one day we had to cut short because of impending rain.

Once again, my weight has been all over the scale, from a high of 153 one morning, to 147, that afternoon, then back to 150 by evening, so of course, we know that's water weight.  I have a doctor's appointment coming up on the 27th, at which I will be sure address this issue.

At any rate, this morning, the scale settled on 150, which is 2 lbs less than last week, so I'll take that loss, even though I know it could be either higher or lower before the day is over. I can feel the muscles in my legs and back getting stronger, so I know the walking is helping. I should have taken my own advice and measured myself before I started the walking to see exactly  what's going on, because I know I'm building muscle and some of my jeans fit a bit looser in the legs, rear and waistline.  I think I will still measure myself, just to see where I'm at now, and track as I continue.

So -- that's where I'm at; now what about you?

Remember - we win by losing - weight..

Wishing everyone a great week.

I didn't work out this week! I'm still tired from my trip to the ER! But I keep eating as healty as possible even with valentine day last week. I had a little to much cake.

I still managed to lose 0.5 lbs.

I still managed to lose 0.5 lbs.
My diet was pretty good. Three major exceptions- I made homemade chili 'cheese' fries. Doesn't sound too bad considering it's all low fat, baked, and kangaroo but they were paired with a chili dog for dinner. Lots of onions and mushrooms, nothing green. Then this last Friday I got some awesome news- I'm finally a freaking resident in the country I've been living in for 2 years AND my husband's master's program was accepted so his work is going to pay for it. Seriously awesome news. We celebrated by going to our favorite cafe. Always a bad idea to eat out. My chickpea veggie burger was too fatty for me and came up as soon as it went down. :/ Technically this isn't bad as far as dieting goes. The burger had nothing fried, no cheese or sauce but after gallbladders problems my body isn't happy. I spent the rest of the day sleeping it off (5 hour nap) so it really messed up my schedule. Anyway, aunt flo is around the corner so I convinced my husband to get me a can of my beloved soda and a small thing of Hershey's chocolate (imported and expensive here). Again, not a diet buster and definitely the rare treat (haven't had a Dr pepper since Christmas), but really I shouldn't yield to temptation because of pms.  

Exercise I'm doing much better; not as many tired days this last week. I still need to work out more often. I started up my band again this week so instead of normal swimming Wednesday I spent 2 hours playing a flute. (Does that count as exercise?) But I did get to ten 25 meter laps done in 15 minutes and I'm pretty proud of that. Two years ago I could only doggy paddle, now I'm zooming around in the pool. I'm hoping to push that up to 15 in 15, but right now pretty excited at how far I've come.

I just weight myself and dear lord. I have no idea what happened. I gained 3 lbs? I know AF is due next week but really, that's a lot of weight for bloating isn't it? I don't know, but think this will scare me into some serious action. I can't go back up, I just can't.
Ducky, did you really eat Kangaroo chili?

I don't have a tracker going but since I joined WW about a month ago I've only lost about 3 lbs.  We've had company and eaten out a lot.  I need to get more serious about this!!!
Sorry, everyone, MH is being difficult tonight and it "chose" a best answer FOR me -- there is no best answer for the weigh in - it is what it is and EVERY answer is best...........
Yup I really do eat kangaroo. I can't handle most other meats and am not the biggest fan of fish so it's the best thing. I put it in any red meat dish. It's about as easy to get as rabbit or deer meat in the states. Expensive, but high in protein and very very low in fat so it doesn't make my gallbladder go nuts.
Ducky, sounds delish!  :)  We do eat vinison here....my husband shot a deer during hunting season a couple of months ago.  I love chili so I bet I would like kangaroo if I ever tried it.  High protein in it's favor, along with low fat...that sure beats pork by a longshot.  Chicken is big here, I mean popular...to eat
Beef is the main meat here and for good reason. If anyone comes to Australia, trust me get a good steak from a steak house, you've never had anything better in the states. Kangaroo is a big component in animal foods so most people here have a thing about it. Kangaroo is a lot like venison in texture, but a bit stringier and more lean. It also has a very unique flavor that, in my opinion, is somewhere between bear and deer. So you got to know how to cook it otherwise it's really bad. But if it's put in a nice red wine reduction sauce it's just beautiful.
Feb 22, 2012

Hi hi all

So in other post I would mention that I weighted my self at least two times a week. Well I watched a you tube video and an expert said to toss out the scale cause your weight can change from day to day and from morning to night. Also it was said that is you will know if you lose by how you feel (feeling better). Then it was said that just keep trying on a favorite size jean (monthly) and you can tell by the fit of the jean if you are losing.

LOL well I am keeping my scale...but...I am only weighing my self ONE time a week now. Wednesdays MORNINGS as mornings are your more accurate reading. If I didn't keep up with some kind of weight in progress...then why have my account on MH...right...:) So yeah I am keeping the scale. ;)

I also did try on a jean I just bought. When I first tried on the jean, the day it was delivered to me they were tight ALL OVER. Today when I put the jean fitting to the test. I noticed the leg area fits so nice. I am still having a little jelly roll flowing over the waist line...but not to bad. I can actually wear the jean and BREATH...lol

Anyways, so when I jumped on the scale this morning and it read 193. I am excited about that. I just wish my jeans fit big. But it all take baby steps. So I am just happy my jeans fit me now and not tight like they were.

Congrats to you and hubby for y'alls awesome news! :)
Getting there one ounce at a time, with some increases inbetween ...

C~