Aa
A
A
Close
Sweet Cravings
I have these very intense sweet cravings and I have tried so hard to stop eating sweets. I have tried cold turkey and slowly weaning myself off but I always go back to eating sweets. Whenever I get a craving I crave more than just one candy bar... more like two candy bars and a coffee drink. I read online that one can get sweet cravings because of a lack of Serotonin. This could be true in my case since I was diagnosed with depression about a year ago. I'm on medication but my cravings have not gone away. How do I combat my cravings?? Any ideas??
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1422814 tn?1333573302
It's hard to combat sweet cravings, so I instead reach for sweet but healthy snacks like sweetened dried cranberries, honeycrisp apples, prunes, etc.  I also scan the health foods aisle at the grocery store for fruit juice sweetened bars, sorbet, etc.  If I going to eat bad, I'll at least try to find the healthiest version of it.  Same thing goes for those coffee drinks - decaf, nonfat, no whip, but maybe a dash of cinnamon.  I also resort to drinking a big glass of water or milk to dilute my craving - it works!  I hope you'll find this helpful.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Thank you for the tips! I will give it a try!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
Blank
GirlyBear15 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Dec 03
2020005 tn?1476662562
Blank
KTowne commented on photo
Dec 02
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight over time
Start Tracking Now
Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1474485941
Blank