Aa
A
A
Close
Sweet Cravings
I have these very intense sweet cravings and I have tried so hard to stop eating sweets. I have tried cold turkey and slowly weaning myself off but I always go back to eating sweets. Whenever I get a craving I crave more than just one candy bar... more like two candy bars and a coffee drink. I read online that one can get sweet cravings because of a lack of Serotonin. This could be true in my case since I was diagnosed with depression about a year ago. I'm on medication but my cravings have not gone away. How do I combat my cravings?? Any ideas??
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1422814_tn?1333573302
It's hard to combat sweet cravings, so I instead reach for sweet but healthy snacks like sweetened dried cranberries, honeycrisp apples, prunes, etc.  I also scan the health foods aisle at the grocery store for fruit juice sweetened bars, sorbet, etc.  If I going to eat bad, I'll at least try to find the healthiest version of it.  Same thing goes for those coffee drinks - decaf, nonfat, no whip, but maybe a dash of cinnamon.  I also resort to drinking a big glass of water or milk to dilute my craving - it works!  I hope you'll find this helpful.
Comment
Cancel
1422814_tn?1333573302
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank you for the tips! I will give it a try!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Sweet Cravings
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Weight Loss & Dieting Community Resources