Weight Loss & Dieting Community
TTC and losing weight - looking for help and support

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

I'm 30 years old and my husband and I are trying to conceive our first child.  I have a feeling my horrible cycles has a lot to do with my weight.  I am going to start walking regularly and I am looking for some advice as to where I can find recipes that are healthy and even easy little exercises.  I'm not a gym go-er.  I have a membership and I used it last for tanning for my wedding a year and a half ago.  If I would just lose 30 pounds that would help me out a lot in terms of conception I think and I need to do something now before too much more time passes.  Does anyone have any advice?
Thank you sincerely for joining the WL&D community and posting your questions.  It's great to have you here!

From past experience, I had PCOS and irregular cycles, but was advised that my weight could affect my cycles.

There are many healthy recipes in the Healthy Cooking forum right here on MedHelp.  Here's the link http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Healthy-Cooking/show/280  Just join the community, search the community .. and both there and here in the WL&D community we'll be sharing healthy recipes.  

Anything in particular you like??? We'd all be happy to help!

As for the exercises .. there are just sooooo manyyyyy!  Is there anything you really like to do or don't like to do?  The key is to "change it up" and try new things.

Walking is great!  Our bodies are sooooo remarkable and adapt quickly to a routine.  By mixing it up and always changing what comes next, we keep our muscles in a "state of confusion" and burning calories at a maximum level for our effort.

Besides walking, I jump rope, swim, do the hoola hoop, aerobic videos, pilates, yoga, work outside, belly dancing, strength exercises, weights .. there are many!  All this can be done at home.  Once I know a little bit what you're interested in .. will provide you with some links.

As for 30 lbs .. that goal is MOST reasonable and DO-ABLE!!!  Just keep coming here and use MedHelp's NEW FOOD JOURNAL that will be here so very, very soon!!!   :D  Join in the posts, make your own, answer others and ... together .. we can all achieve our goals!

Looking forward to hearing from you .. Sunshine wishes ..
Ranae gave you some great advice - 30 pounds should be do-able.

Along with checking for PCOS - it might also be wise to get checked for hypothyroidism and insulin resistance - both can cause weight gain or inability to lose.  

Good luck......