Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Time to lose some weight!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Time to lose some weight!

I need some suggestions! I had my son 19 months ago, and have put off losing all the weight that I gained in my pregnancy, and now it's accumulated! I'm probably 30-40 pounds overweight for my height, and need some suggestions. Good workouts, good meal plans? I thought about the Special K Challenge, but I don't want to have to buy 30 different Special K snacks.
I am doing the couch to 5k program and I actually like it, I downloaded an app for it on my iphone, i think its a different version of the program but with the same principal. I do that for my cardio and I have been doing P90x for some strength training, its really challenging and I still can't do a video straight through, but then again i've only been doing it for about a week now. And for my diet I actually see a nutritionist who helps me work on my diet and i keep a food journal and when i see here we go over it and see where i can improve etc. I mostly eat lean protein and healthy carbs, so basically i stopped drinking soda, eating junk food, snacks, etc and my biggest thing i stopped doing was eating fast food. I was eating it so often, probably almost everyday at least. I have lost 38 pounds and I actually weigh less now then i was when i had my 2nd child who is now 8 months old. I still have about 65 pounds to go, but I'm getting there. and when i hit a plateau I just change things up try different work outs etc. I don't really like the special K bars or slim fast bars or drinks it seems like they have a lot of sugar. For snacks i make protein shakes that are actually really, really good. I use whey protein for GNC they have a tripple berry one and i add some frozen non fat yogurt and frozen berries to it and it is amazing and it is filling too.