Time to lose some weight!
I need some suggestions! I had my son 19 months ago, and have put off losing all the weight that I gained in my pregnancy, and now it's accumulated! I'm probably 30-40 pounds overweight for my height, and need some suggestions. Good workouts, good meal plans? I thought about the Special K Challenge, but I don't want to have to buy 30 different Special K snacks.
I am doing the couch to 5k program and I actually like it, I downloaded an app for it on my iphone, i think its a different version of the program but with the same principal. I do that for my cardio and I have been doing P90x for some strength training, its really challenging and I still can't do a video straight through, but then again i've only been doing it for about a week now. And for my diet I actually see a nutritionist who helps me work on my diet and i keep a food journal and when i see here we go over it and see where i can improve etc. I mostly eat lean protein and healthy carbs, so basically i stopped drinking soda, eating junk food, snacks, etc and my biggest thing i stopped doing was eating fast food. I was eating it so often, probably almost everyday at least. I have lost 38 pounds and I actually weigh less now then i was when i had my 2nd child who is now 8 months old. I still have about 65 pounds to go, but I'm getting there. and when i hit a plateau I just change things up try different work outs etc. I don't really like the special K bars or slim fast bars or drinks it seems like they have a lot of sugar. For snacks i make protein shakes that are actually really, really good. I use whey protein for GNC they have a tripple berry one and i add some frozen non fat yogurt and frozen berries to it and it is amazing and it is filling too.