Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Weight Loss Symptoms?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Weight Loss Symptoms?

Over the course of the new year, I have already lost 30 pounds using Herbalife and exercise. I still have about 20 or 30 more to go. I am a 5'11 female and I weighed 236 pounds. Now that I've been losing weight, Every time I get up, my eyes black out and my tongue/face/and front of my body goes numb and cold. My legs also get weak and I almost fall over. I get about 1500 calories a day and if I eat any more than that, I gain weight. What do I do?
Doing the simple math, if you weighed 236 and lost 30 pounds, you currently weigh 206 pounds.  If this is the case, 1500 calories is not nearly enough food per day for a person your size.

Your body needs a certain amount of calories just to keep going and if you don't provide enough, weird things can happen, such as the weakness, blacking out (not sure what's up with the numbness and cold).

Have you ever had your thyroid levels tested?  Hypothyroidism causes weight gain/inability to lose, low body temp and fatigue, just to name a few of the symptoms.  You need to get at least TSH, Free T3 and Free T4 tested.

In addition, you might want to get your vitamin B12 levels tested, as well, since deficiency can cause numbness in some areas of the body.  

Have you ever actually calculated your necessary calories/day?  The calculation is based on current weight, height, age and activity level.