Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Weight loss plateau

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Weight loss plateau

I have 3 children, 36 and 5'7", I now weigh 155lbs from an original 240lbs, I want to get down to 140lbs, but for the past 2 months although I have exercised and still been watching what I eat, my weight has remained the same, is there anything else I can do to get it going again, anything, this is getting so frustrating.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.
Work on increasing your metabolism.  Eating multiple smaller meals throughout the day is better than 3 large meals.  Buidling muscle increases your base metabolism rate.  Cardio in the morning on an empty stomach is shown to have good weight-loss results (but I advise against this because while cardio on an empty stomach does tap into stored energy in fat, it also deteriorates muscle, though at a slower rate--this will have adverse effects on your metabolism)

If your goals are long-term, go with weight-training combined with cardio and eating multiple smaller meals through the day.
wow, congrats! just out of curiosity how long did it take you to loose?
Why do you want to get down to 140 lbs? At your age and height that seems unnecessary. You may be reaching the equilibrium point, below which your body will only go if it is in a state of true starvation.

J
I have been doing everything I can think of to lose weight.  I started with hoodia and that helped me lose 15 pounds and then I started with calorie counting and that got me another 10 pounds then I stopped losing.  I tried adding weight watchers and my scale says I gained a pound.  I just started exercising but I am sore and still not losing weight.  What do I do?  I know that I have not reached my healthy weight as I am 100 pounds overweight. So now what?  What will make my body kick into gear?
check out www.weightlossindiana.com
I hit the weight-loss-plateau and nothing helped! It was horrible! My weight just didn't want to go down. I tried everything! Then I found this website on the net: www.moscowmeltdown.com I thought I'd give it a try and it is really working! This is not a scam! I just want to share it with everyone who feels the same way I felt back then. Now with the same exercise the pounds are just melting away and it is all natural! You have nothing to lose to try! It's awesome!
This program will change your life.

Not only will you lose weight fast and keep it off
you will have more energy and feel GREAT!

http://healthiercleanse.com/weight.htm

This program is endorsed by numerous Dr.'s and health professionals.
I truly think you should start using lipotropic injections,  they will help you,