Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Weight loss

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Weight loss

I have been exercising but my weight has refused to go down what an I doing wrong?
The calculation for protein requirements doesn't jive with what my doctor has told me I need to take in, in protein/day; it's only about 1/2 what I really need.

If you're doing the same exercises day in and day out, your body gets used to them and it's no longer a challenge; you need to change up the exercise, time, frequency for certain things and intensity.  Look into interval training - periods of starting slow and working into periods of more intensity for a few seconds to a couple of minutes.  Kind of like walk for 30 seconds, jog for 30 seconds, run for 30 seconds, then slow back to a walk and start the process over.  Try to increase the walk, jog, run times until you can do a couple minutes, but even then keep varying the length of time for each.

Same goes for calories - vary it by 100-200/day just so your body doesn't get used to the same amount.
You might benefit from an appointment with an endochronologist. A problem in basal metabolism could be at the root of the weight issue.
Weight loss for a person depends not only on physical activity like exercises, but it is much more dependent on food habits. Along with your exercise you must maintain the following diet to lose weight.

• Your major intake should be fruits and vegetables.
• Eat foods which contain less carbohydrates and high proteins
• Drink lot of water throughout the day
Thanks caregiver will have it checked out its been rather puzzling.
Hi Leyhdylan am already having more fruits ,vegetables and loads of water. However I think I need to evaluate my proteins. Will give it a shot I surely need to loose my wieght.
hi cat_238, Your protein intake depends upon your age, height, activity levels and weight goal.  If you provide these details, then I can share about your daily intake of proteins.    
Thanks Leyhdylan I will appreciate the support. I am 37 years old, my height is 5 feet 7 inches and my activity level is moderate am currently 108 Kg s and worried it needs to go down. I am currently exercising 4 to five times a week for 30 mins to an hour. Range of cardiac exercise include skipping stationary bike walking swimming and pilates. Sometime Tea kondow
Hi Cat… As leyhdylan said your weight not only depends upon physical activity, it depends upon your food habits too. Your protein need depends upon your age, size and activity level. The standard method used by the nutritionists to estimate the protein requirement is, we have to multiply our weight by 0.37(if weight in pounds), else multiply by 0.8(if weight in kilo grams). The result will be your protein requirements(in grams) per a day.
Yes u need to look at your food intake, how mic hfruit and veg you're eating plays a massive part and saturated fats. If you don't change these things exercise won't help you to lose weight I'm afraid

Every individual needs to get 10 to 35 per cent of calories from proteins for weight loss. Based upon your details , you need to consume 85-90grams of proteins in a single day. Milk, Vegetables, fruits and grains are best sources for proteins.
Thanks Barb 135 for that tip I have been doing the same thing for 30mint everyday. Will Try that.
Cat
I had the same problem, no matter how much I exercised and watched what I ate, diet plateau. I did go to an endochrinologist/nutritionist and had a simple blood test run. She immediately noticed a severe shortage of vitamin d. Once she increased that and increased my Vitamin B intake, the weight has been coming off and I have more energy and am a lot happier. Best of luck to you!
Hi Barb thanks for the tip. I was using the same exercise everyday for 30 minutes. I wasn't checking my intake until recently I started a food journal recently with aim of tracking what I was eating. Its good to note that I need to vary my calorie   intake I had not thought about that.
Hi Leyhdylan I have been taking a lot of milk so will cut down on that and keep tracking what I eat by journalling..
Hi Martarita so you can identify with my frustration.