Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Weight that won't come off!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Weight that won't come off!

I walk two time a day.  In my town we have a lot of steep hills.  I watch very closely what I eat, but the weight does not come off.  I am 49 yrs. old.  I think it might be menopause, but not sure. Is there any other suggestions???? Please help!
Related Discussions
-6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I feel your pain...I've joined a gym and love it...watch what I eat...am 47 on thyroid meds, all the time birthcontrol pills, etc...and have a very difficult time losing the weight
Blank
Well the 40s seem to be the common link. I am 43 yo and have been working out since March 2008 and changing my lifestyle by eating "right." It has been the slowest process ever. I measured my waist b/f going to church on Sunday and the tape measure showed a 1 inch loss. I could have cried. I decided to stay positive and keep doing what I am doing. It is rough!!!
Blank
Yep, I think the 40s and menopause is the culprit.  I am 42 and starting menopause.  I have been a yoyo dieter for years, but in the past, I could go on a diet and lose the weignt, since turning 40, I cannot lose it anymore!!  The diet no longer works.  I walked 2 miles a day and ate really healthy for 3 weeks and lost nothing, in the past I would have lost at least 5 pounds!!  I am struggling as well!!  I bought an exercise video that uses exercise bands because I have read a lot lately about resistance exercises being helpful.  Will let you know if it helps!!!
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Weight Loss & Dieting Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank