Weight Loss & Dieting Community
What am I doing wrong? I need help with weight loss

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Hi, I'm a bit confused.  I've been eating healthy for several years and noticed I have been gaining weight.  I don't drink sodas, alcohol, eat sweet or chips, no ice cream.  I drink fat free milk, I eat egg whites only, chicken and fish only, lots of fruit and vegetables,  no rice, no pasta just 100% whole wheat bread.  I don't use butter or sour cream.  If I treat myself to any of these its very sporatic.  I also work out 45 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes 5 days a week.  I used to work out 2 hours a day.  Still no weight loss.  I try to keep my caolries to 1200 or less a day.  I keep cutting more and more out of my diet and now life has become very boring.  

What am I doing wrong?
First doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong but here is my advice.  Maybe you need to start a food journal.  You may find that you are eating more calories than you think or you may not be eating enough and putting your body into a starvation mode.  

If you are doing the same exercise that you have always been doing it may be time to switch that also.  If you use the treadmill switch to the ellipitical.  Change our your weights to heavier weights or do different weights/machines (if you are at a gym).  I have found that your body can get used to what you are doing to it and once it is used to it, it won't change anything.  

Time to keep the body guessing!
Good luck and let me know if any of the suggestions help!