Weight Loss & Dieting Community
What's Your Favorite Exercise?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

What's Your Favorite Exercise?

Just wondering what everyone prefers to do for exercise.  Exercise comes in many forms, from walking to sports.  I'm curious as to what everyone prefers and whether or not it helps you lose weight.  

My favorites are walking and yoga.  

We all know the benefits of walking - it's good for the heart, helps keep the body toned and aids weight loss.  

Yoga centers on relaxation, stretching, etc............ I like it because it forces me to wipe other things from my mind, since I have to concentrate on the poses in order to do them properly.  The stretching helps my muscles feel relaxed.  It does help one lose weight, if done regularly and properly.   Shame on me -- I haven't been doing it lately!!  

Of course, there are more benefits to both walking and yoga
My second favorite exercise is swimming laps. My first favorite is having sex! No seriously it is great cardio! Once or twice everyday is good for the body. Mental and physical stimulation. Great for the mind body and soul. The hubby doesn't mind either. ;-)
I agree that having sex is good exercise; but once or twice/day??  Whew........

Swimming is fun, but I don't have access to a pool.  
I find brisk walking works best for me.  Not on a tredmill but outside either on a nice forest trail or around the lake.  In the morning I walk around the neighborhood but I try to go to a different trail once a week.  Until I researched in on google I didnt relieze how many walking and riding trails were within 50 miles of me.  It helps my back pain and relieves my anxiety and stress.  With a good diet and regular walking it kicks starts my weight loss.  Once I plateu I try to walk further and a little faster.
I enjoy the Jillian Micheals DVDs (ie. 30 day shred, shred it with weights and 6 week six pack).  I work long shifts 4 days a week so i can usually get in a workout 3 maybe 4 days a week.  Its worked for my weight loss and I really enjoy exercising at home.  Great cardio and gives you a good burn!
Walking is one of the most recommended exercises; whether it be on a treadmill or outside; but of course, walking outside gives the added benefit of fresh air and mental stimulation (sights and sounds), along with the actual exercise.

I've never tried the Jillian Michaels DVD (shred); I think they are a bit more than I could tolerate.  I do have the Biggest Loser - Yoga for Weight Loss, though and I love it; it works if I'd do it often enough.