Aa
A
A
Close
Which diet is right for me?
I have tried various diets but I find a lot of them are so expensive as you have to get so many ingredients for so many different meals.
On my lunch at work (which can be at any time from 7am up till 9pm due to shifts) I have no access to an office or canteen so I have to eat in a cafe in town.
Has anyone got any diet suggestions and also some motivation techniques? Thank-you in advance!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
649848 tn?1474485941
Rather than eat in a cafe, where food is often prepared with way too much fat, sugar, etc and often not very healthy, why not pack your lunch?  You could pack things like sandwiches made with whole grain bread, fruits, raw veggies (carrots, celery, etc).  Most work places provide a microwave, for heating food prepared at home, or you can heat up some low calorie soup, etc.  

If you must eat in the cafe, make sure you choose the healthiest foods, with the least calories; for instance, order a burger, without the bun, but do eat the lettuce, tomato, pickle, and onion.  Opt for poached or boiled eggs over fried, or if you have the scrambled, ask that they not us a lot of grease.  Go for whole grain breads, rather than white/refined, baked potato over french fries, turkey bacon/sausage vs regular bacon/sausage, low/no fat milk, whole grain cereals. etc.

Do be sure to watch portion sizes, which are often larger than necessary, in some restaurants.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Paxiled commented on Green Tea and Green T...
1 hr ago
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
2020005 tn?1476662562
Blank
KTowne 36 weeks, ultrasound tomorr... Comment
17 hrs ago
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight over time
Start Tracking Now
Top Healthy Living Answerers