Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Which diet is right for me?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Which diet is right for me?

I have tried various diets but I find a lot of them are so expensive as you have to get so many ingredients for so many different meals.
On my lunch at work (which can be at any time from 7am up till 9pm due to shifts) I have no access to an office or canteen so I have to eat in a cafe in town.
Has anyone got any diet suggestions and also some motivation techniques? Thank-you in advance!
649848_tn?1357751184
Rather than eat in a cafe, where food is often prepared with way too much fat, sugar, etc and often not very healthy, why not pack your lunch?  You could pack things like sandwiches made with whole grain bread, fruits, raw veggies (carrots, celery, etc).  Most work places provide a microwave, for heating food prepared at home, or you can heat up some low calorie soup, etc.  

If you must eat in the cafe, make sure you choose the healthiest foods, with the least calories; for instance, order a burger, without the bun, but do eat the lettuce, tomato, pickle, and onion.  Opt for poached or boiled eggs over fried, or if you have the scrambled, ask that they not us a lot of grease.  Go for whole grain breads, rather than white/refined, baked potato over french fries, turkey bacon/sausage vs regular bacon/sausage, low/no fat milk, whole grain cereals. etc.

Do be sure to watch portion sizes, which are often larger than necessary, in some restaurants.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Weight Loss & Dieting Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...