Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Why am I not losing any weight?! Fed up!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

I'm not losing weight and I haven't the slightest idea why! I've been obsessing over my weight for idk how long. I have lost 50lbs on my own and that took a year (toooo slow). Then, back in September, I had my heart broken and gained about 10 of it back. I've been on this really hardcore diet and exercise for almost two weeks and haven't lost a single ounce! I'm 5'6 and weight about 280lbs! I only eat about 600-800 calories a day, exercise over an hour each day (I'm constantly moving afterwards anyway), and drink water as well as apple cider vinegar. Why am I not losing weight?! If really thin people can eat this little and lose weight then why am I not losing tons of weight?! I'm getting fed up! Do I need to cut my calories more??? Exercise 2-3 hours instead of 1? WHAT?! Do I need to start back taking laxatives after every single thing I eat? WHAT DO I DO?! I'm only 22 and it's time for me to start looking for real jobs but if I look like a freakin beastly monster whale, nobody is going to hire me!! Also, if I want to get married and have kids and what not, no man is going to want a freakin cow! I don't have any medical problems so I don't see whats the $%^& problem!
sounds like you're kind of starving yourself. have you cut the sugar and high frutose corn syrup? bread? potatoes? all that jazz? Maybe you haven't lost any because you're too stressed out about it.
You need a complete, balanced diet. You are literally starving yourself and yes, you will eventually lose weight, but it will take a horrible toll on your body, over the long haul.

You need to determine the number of calories you need each day, just to survive, then decrease that by approximately 500 calories/day.  I guarantee it will come out to more than 600-800 calories/day.

You don't say what those calories consist of  - if a candy bar (about 240 calories) is part of your diet, you're not likely to lose weight.  Taking laxatives after every meal is very dangerous.

You need to be eating lots of fresh/frozen veggies, fresh fruit, whole grains, low/no fat dairy, lean meats, nuts, seeds, beans.  If you don't adopt a healthy lifestyle, you will only gain back whatever weight you lose and will ultimately end up on a weight loss roller coaster, which can/will destroy your health, as you get older.  

Additionally, stress can cause inability to lose weight, as well.  Since you are obsessing about your weight, you would probably be pretty sure that cortisol levels are high and high cortisol makes it very difficult to lose weight.  You might want to think about some counseling, in order to put things in perspective and get on the right track.

You need to make sure you don't have underlying health issues, such as hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, or PCOS - all of which make it difficult, if not impossible to lose weight. You can only determine this with proper medical testing/evaluation.