WEIGHT LOSS & DIETING
COMMUNITY
Why do I gain weight when I diet but lose weight when I eat junk food?
by GesturePoke, May 13, 2012
I joined Weight Watchers when I was a teenager and spent most of my time there yo-yo'ing; I'd lose 5 lbs, gain back 2, lose 1, gain 1, etc. I went away to college in Georgia and got more focused on school work than my looks and dieting. I didn't even check my weight until a doctor's visit 2 years later, where I found out I lost 25 lbs. When I went back home, I started eating healthy and walking several times a week. I also stopped eating after 8:00pm, but I didn't lose any weight. A month later, I had to fly back to Georgia for a few days; I said "screw it" that week and ate badly (basically a week of donuts and waffles). When I came home, I found out I'd lost another 10 lbs.

It seems that as long as I eat junk a few times a week, I'll stay at my current weight. I'm just worried because I don't what other health risks eating too much junk can cause in the long run. My family has a history of diabetes and high blood pressure/cholesterol. As happy as I am about losing 35 lbs, it's not my goal weight. I'd like to lose another 20 lbs, but any attempt to lose has the opposite effect. I actually LIKE working out, too, and that makes things even more frustrating.

Is this kind of thing common?? Sometimes I wonder if I'd lose more eating nothing but fried foods and cake than I do working out and eating whole grains.
Member Comments (4)
by TheLightSeeker, May 13, 2012
Avoid All junk food and consume a low carb diet, rich in fresh vegetables,
mercury-free fish, some pastured meat and poultry, organic eggs, legumes
and a very small quantity of whole grain foods, some seeds and some nuts.
Daily activities like walking, biking, swimming will keep you toned and healthy.
Do not look at the scale. Look at your body and your belt, as muscle takes less space than fat, but weighs more!
drink lots of spring water-avoid plastic bottles.
use extra virgin coconut oil 2T daily in place of other oils and fats-specially
cooking oils as they cause inflammation.
Cheers!
Niko
by GesturePoke, May 15, 2012
Thank you! I admittedly get caught up in the number on the scale, which is partly why I didn't bother checking my weight for 2 years when I was away at college. But thank you for the advice. I'll try to keep those things in mind from now on.
by annejames1234, Oct 02, 2012
Hello paul,

This article is awesome and cool.. I will used it to do my lose weight quickly & safely to my body.. Im trying all the stuff just to lose weight quickly but still not.Finding The Workout That’s Right For You...I have one meal a day, most daily. I also love not having to pack anything for dinner.But it can cause me headache for lose weight quickly.

http://howtolose20poundsinaweek.org/lose-weight-fast/
by annejames1234, Oct 02, 2012
Hello

Its seem so nice blog and more informative about how to lose 20 pounds in a week. I will barely use this one.