Weight Loss & Dieting Community
addicted to diet soda

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

addicted to diet soda

I am hopelessly addicted to diet soda and drink up to 2 liters/day.  Have recently started exercising again and am doing 1 hour sessions, 5+ miles/day, 6 days/week on elliptical at level 10, burning 750-800 cals per session.  I have been at it for 10 weeks now and lost 8 pounds right away but have plateaued - have stepped up difficulty level +2 points in last month, but have not lost any additioonal weight.  I now weigh 220 and feel "fitter"; may be an illusion, but think I look skinnier than the scale says and feel much better.  Will the pounds ever start falling off?  And can I still enjoy my Diet Dr. Pepper?
I actualy believe that drinking diet soda is bad.
It realy raises your blood pressure form what I'v heard and my dear friend had a stroke because he drank tomuch of it.

I drink water and powerade or gatorade.
Stick to those and evrythign should be ok. :)
I do have to commend you on your workout program!  It sounds like you are working your behind off.  However, I can say I don't think drinking THAT much diet soda is good for you.  Especially diet dr pepper.  The main reason is because is has Aspartame in it!!  Do a google search on it.  Aspartame (sweet and low, equal, etc.) is a carcinogenic (which means it has cancer causing agents in it) AND it also has been known to cause Multiple Sclerosis!!  I would stop drinking the stuff as soon as possible.  The only diet drinks I have found without aspartame is Diet Rite.  It contains Splenda, but NO aspartame.
I am changing the way I eat and one of the things I have learned is:  no more than 24 ounces of diet soda a day and you should drink at least 64 ounces of water.  It really is KEY to weightloss. Best wishes on your pathway to weightloss and a healthier you!!!
Janet
Drinking diet soda isn't that bad. I drink it everyday and have never had any health problems from it, nor has anyone in my family and we all drink it. I do think in excess anything is bad. Maybe you should try drinking equal amounts of water and diet soda. It might cut it down for you. Each time you drink a 20oz of soda, drink a 20oz of water. You'll feel better and you'll be cutting down on your diet soda.
DIET CHEERWINE IS ALSO MADE WITH SPLENDA.
you can drink your diet soda but not alot of it. Try drinking water ,gatorade and make sure you exsersise and eat healthy then you'll make your goal!:)
you all need to check out what the FDA dose approve! They are crazy in my book .Check out what is in the diet drinks (ASPARTAME) This is not good for you back. In 1970 it was brought before the FDA and it was turned down, then the head guy retierd and then if was approved. Check it out you will be suprised. And also check out carcinogens in food see they say it is only in smoking cigs. not true the FDA will do any thing to make money on sick people. If you are on adkins you are consuming ASPARTAME. Then go check out splenda. It isnt good! I was on the diet drinks about 15yr about 8years after consumpion I was realy sick the doc had no clue what was wrong and blamed every thing else. this continued until I was dignosed with having brain lesions. I had even signed up to have surgery to cut them out! Then I had to have a MRI once agian before surgery. there was a Woman working there that had alot of the same symtoms (symptoms) She said If I were you I would check into the ASPARTAME berore I under went brain surgery. I did go go home and looked it up. Who would have known that they would approve such thing to be in our drinks and food!!!!needless to say I never had the surgery. the symtoms (symptoms) were better after after about three weeks and know its been one year and EVERY THING IS BACK TO NORMAL AGAIN!!!!Thanks to Kim the nurse at the Imaging service. I Have called and spoke with her many time and she was my ANGLE sent from above. PLEASE CHECK THIS OUT you may not start getting sick for a while .This could SAVE YOUR LIFE !!!!!!!And diet drinks realy make you gain weight because of this stuff. People our mothers, fathers, gandparents DID NOT USE THIS SUFF and they were health. Its BECAUSE OF THE FDA.