body shape??!!!!....ughh
I am currently struggling with the shape of my body, and cannot seem to change it.  I am 5 5", and weigh about 130 lbs.  So, I am not overweight, and seem to have a healthy BMI, but i'm not satisfied with the shape of my body.  I have a 36" bust, as well as 36" hips, but my waist is 29".  I notice that alot of people my size that don't weigh less than me, but look soooo much slimmer because they have these small waists, and more prominent hips and butts.  I've tried all kinds of exercise.  I'm in pretty good shape, and run 3 miles everyday, as well as often walking several miles in addition.  I do sit-ups, leg lifts, ball exercises.  I just feel like there is something I don't know about.  I have that my body resembles a rectangle with larger breasts, and a small butt.  please help me, all kinds of advice are welcome.
p.s, i already eat very healthy..plenty of water, fruits and veggies and all that...
Your weight and your exercise are not the problem.  I do wonder if like on the show "What not to wear" if perhaps you are wearing clothes that reflect that body shape?  You do have a small waist and if you could wear clothing that accentuates and brings attention to it you might notice that your figure is as curvy and womanly as others.
I agree with TrudieC! All women have different body types. Some of us are naturally hourglass shaped with a very well defined waist, others are more pear shaped and are naturally smaller on top and heavier on the bottom, some have an athletic build with broad shoulders and a not very defined waist, some carry their weight in the middle, some have slim legs, some have small chests, others large etc etc etc. You are a healthy weight, and you seem to be a very healthy in shape person so your weight or exercise routine is not "causing" this. This is just the natural shape of your body and there is nothing wrong with it! There is no type of diet, exercise routine or magic # on the scale that is going to change your body type. You can't shrink your waist if there's no weight to lose, just as you can't make your butt or hips grow larger.

Rather than trying to change your shape, accept your body for what it is. I agree that you should try dressing for your shape to accentuate and enhance what you've got. I know tops that accentuate waists are wrap tops with v-necks and any type of top that has a cinched waist or material that flares out from the waist will create the illusion of wider more balanced hips and a more narrow waist line. From watching a lot of "What Not To Wear" I know that "rectangle shapes" should try and avoid high waisted skirts and pants, and when buying jeans, try and find ones with a slight flair rather than totally straight cut. Wide leg pants and full pleated skirts would be great on your body type as well. Accessories help too and wearing a belt around your waist with certain tops and dresses will also help create the illusion of a more narrow waistline.

So bottom line, don't try and change who you are. Accept your body the way it is and just work with what you've got! The grass is always greener on the other side and I'll bet there are a lot of people who have seen you who have wished they had your body type!