Weight Loss & Dieting Community
correct calorie intake to lose weight

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

correct calorie intake to lose weight

I have started racking my food intake and have noticed that i have not been eating enough caloires. I am wondering if this will be stored as fat. Im having around 800 calroires less per day, this is not intentional just because im just learning what i can and really cant eat to lose weight. I have been to the gym 6 times this week.....im really determined to lose weight the correct way. And to make lifestyle chances for the better but im finding it really diffcult as i dont really understand food!
Welcome to our community and congratulations on your decision to make the lifestyle changes necessary to lose weight in a healthy manner.  

Are you using the food diary, here on Med Help?  If so, maybe we could take a look at your diary and help you out a bit.  

Beyond that, I'd have to ask first of all, if you are eating healthy foods (fruit, veggies, low/no fat dairy, whole grains, etc).  Secondly, have you lost any weight?  How much weight are you planning to lose?  

Your body needs a certain amount of calories just to stay alive (that's for breathing, heart beats, kidney, liver, brain functions, etc).  If you don't provide enough calories, your body will begin to hang onto stored fat for later use because it will think there won't be enough food coming in.

So, I guess the first thing to do is let us know what your current height and weight are, then give us an idea of what you normally eat during a day's time.  We can help you figure out from there the types of foods that may be the most beneficial.

You should never go under 1,200 calories otherwise your body will go into starvation mode and you won't loose much weight but you will either way,
I am 24 yrs old 5 2 and weighted 279 pounds I need lots of help I started a diet of 1200 calories and lose 10 pounds in 4 days is this good
Hi I can't physically eat 1200 what do I do??
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
May 28
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
May 28
KTowne commented on Belle313's status
May 28
Track your weight over time