Weight Loss & Dieting Community
correct calorie intake to lose weight
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

correct calorie intake to lose weight

I have started racking my food intake and have noticed that i have not been eating enough caloires. I am wondering if this will be stored as fat. Im having around 800 calroires less per day, this is not intentional just because im just learning what i can and really cant eat to lose weight. I have been to the gym 6 times this week.....im really determined to lose weight the correct way. And to make lifestyle chances for the better but im finding it really diffcult as i dont really understand food!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
649848_tn?1357751184
Welcome to our community and congratulations on your decision to make the lifestyle changes necessary to lose weight in a healthy manner.  

Are you using the food diary, here on Med Help?  If so, maybe we could take a look at your diary and help you out a bit.  

Beyond that, I'd have to ask first of all, if you are eating healthy foods (fruit, veggies, low/no fat dairy, whole grains, etc).  Secondly, have you lost any weight?  How much weight are you planning to lose?  

Your body needs a certain amount of calories just to stay alive (that's for breathing, heart beats, kidney, liver, brain functions, etc).  If you don't provide enough calories, your body will begin to hang onto stored fat for later use because it will think there won't be enough food coming in.

So, I guess the first thing to do is let us know what your current height and weight are, then give us an idea of what you normally eat during a day's time.  We can help you figure out from there the types of foods that may be the most beneficial.

Blank
You should never go under 1,200 calories otherwise your body will go into starvation mode and you won't loose much weight but you will either way,
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Weight Loss & Dieting Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...