Weight Loss & Dieting Community
fat around your back and sides

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

fat around your back and sides

I just started back walking to lose weight how do I lose the fat around where your waist is in your back?
Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce, but you can try yoga or zumba to try to tone up certain areas.  Yoga is awesome for toning muscles and  making them feel "long and lean"....... Try 30 minutes/day for at least 3 days/week.

Lifting weights will also help.  You don't need a gym for this.  You can buy small hand held weight, or even use cans of vegetables or bottles of water for a 1 pound weight.
Business woman1
Thanks for the advice I will try it and let you know if it worked for me.
Please do let me know if it works for you.  I do about 30 minutes on the treadmill and about 10 minutes of weights (working up to 30 minutes) and it's working for me.  You can even do the walking and weights on alternating days if you like.  

Make sure you adjust your diet, so you're eating fewer/better calories, as well as exercising.
I think TRX is a great core workout and helps tone the muscles in the back and the stomach. If you have a TRX class around you, I would give that a try.
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
1 hr ago
KTowne commented on hansen20's status
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
May 28
Track your weight over time