Weight Loss & Dieting Community
food

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

food

What can I do to keep motivated about dieting? I do it for a couple of days but then I see myself going on a binge eating that's y it is so hard to lose weight and sweets are my weakness! !
One of the biggest misconceptions about dieting is the idea that you have to eat boring food and have to rob your body of anything remotely tasty. Try to cook new things, some may come out horrible but some could be amazing. And at least you'll never be bored.

Now I'm not sure what kind of sweets you're having a problem saying no to but I pureed fresh mango, peaches, and berries added a 1/2 tbsp of honey per cup of fruit (more or less to flavor) and froze it in a Popsicle tray. When ever I'm craving something sweet i can open up my freezer and grab one of these fruity ice blocks. They're sweet (especially mango) and help curb most cravings. If you're a ice cream person get some fat free or low fat thick yogurt, mix it with some of this puree and freeze- now you have home made frozen yogurt without a ton of additives in it. And yes this works with soy yogurt (although it's a little more solid).

If you're a chocolate fanatic, get some really really dark chocolate. This is usually higher in fat that a milk chocolate but only a small piece curbs chocolate cravings so you end up eating less. Well at least I do.

I must also tell you that when I first tried cutting down on what I was eating I was having horrible cravings for fats, specficially peanut butter. When I did the math I realized I was getting very very little fats in my day. So remember that some craving can be your body saying, hey something's not right. Make sure you're eating the right amount of calories when you're dieting and not trying to cut out too many or too much of anything. A balanced diet really is the best way to go.

Unfortunately in the end it comes down to motivation and will power. You have to keep your goal firmly in mind and know what you have to do to get there.