Weight Loss & Dieting Community
gaining weight when dieting
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

gaining weight when dieting

I've gained weight while eating healthy and exercising regularly. I have not reached a fitness plateauand sometimes I do eat or not healthy snacks but it doesn't come out to much. Does anyone else have this problem?
649848_tn?1357751184
If you are exercising regularly, you will be losing fat and gaining muscle.  Muscle is packed more densely than fat, so a pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat, therefore, you may not be losing pounds, but could be losing inches.  Have you done any measurements to check inches lost?

You should keep a food diary and record everything you eat.  Often we eat a lot more than we think we do. I hadn't been keeping a food diary, but I do now and it can be a real eye-opener.  It shows us where we're getting off track.  For instance, I didn't realize how much salt I was getting and how little protein and fiber.

Those "not healthy" snacks can really creep up on you.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Weight Loss & Dieting Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank