Weight Loss & Dieting Community
have you heard of this? GHR1000

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

have you heard of this? GHR1000

posting for my wife:

My wife is taking stuff called ghr1000. She's taking it to help her skin and to lose a little weight. I just read the reviews and it says its mainly for men to build testosterone?

she saw it in one of her magazines or on extra tv that this is the "stars secret"  but im a little concerned.
I'm not familiar with this particular one, but did a little research and from what I've read, it's main claim to fame is the HGH.  HGH naturally declines as we age; my sister was given HGH as part of her leukemia treatment; it neither helped her skin, nor helped her lose weight.

I've never been one to recommend products of this type.  They're not approved by FDA and you have no idea what you're really getting.  While they may help with weight loss, as soon as the product is discontinued and/or the person goes back to normal eating, the weight will come back with possibly more.

HGH must be injected in order for it to do anything; it's a protein that will be broken down in the stomach, otherwise.

"Healthy adults who take HGH put themselves at risk for joint and muscle pain, swelling in the arms and legs, carpel tunnel syndrome, and insulin resistance. In the elderly, these symptoms are more profound."

"Using HGH for weight loss, muscle building, or anti-aging is experimental and controversial. HGH injections are believed to decrease fat storage and increase muscle growth to some extent, but studies have not shown this to be a safe or effective weight loss remedy.

Until more research can demonstrate the long-term safety and effectiveness of using HGH for weight loss, it's wise to avoid it.

Unfortunately, there are no magic bullets when it comes to losing weight. Healthy weight loss means taking in fewer calories than you burn in physical activity.  Save your money for more fruits and vegetables, and a good pair of sneakers."

There are also some supplements in the GHR1000, some of which may or may not be healthy, may or may not work.

If the product is mainly for men to build testosterone, I'd have to wonder if it would also cause testosterone in women to build, as well.  Too  much testosterone in women can cause hair growth in places it's not wanted, as well as aggressive behavior and other "traits" that are generally undesirable in women.

I'd also have to wonder if it could/would interfere with production of female hormones, or even other parts of the endocrine system.

I, personally, would advise extreme caution.  Safest way to lose weight is with a healthy diet and moderate exercise.
thanks.   your name sounds familiar.  do i know you?
Gee, can't imagine why my name would sound familiar....... might we have run across each other on the thyroid forum?   LOL
Wife says thanks to you my friend
Tell wife she's welcome and she's welcome to come join the community, if she'd like to.
she cant, shes too busy exercising LOL
:-)