Weight Loss & Dieting Community
healthy breakfast ideas

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

healthy breakfast ideas

just wondering if any one out there has any good healthy ideas for breakfast i wil be making up a list of meal plans and putting there on here for every one to use.

thanks
Breakfast is my personal downfall, but I am working on eating it with more frequency.  I know that it will help me in the long run.  I like a boiled egg paired with fruit, such as a banana or an orange, maybe a piece of whole wheat bread (I always bake my own in my bread machine).  If I am feeling that even that might be too much, I will sometimes drink an Herbalife shake mixed with soy milk (cannot tolerate cow's milk).  I just chug it down and have the benefit of having gotten that meal in...whether I really really wanted to or not and it is easy to mix up very quickly.  Sometimes in the shakes I will also add a teaspoon of protein powder to keep me going a little longer.  
I live for variety.  I will have an egg and toast, yogurt and fruit and muesli, raisin bran, low fat pancakes or a hot cereal on a rotating basis.  I also love making baked oatmeal - you can keep it in the fridge and help yourself over a number of days. Here is one of my favorites:

http://www.canadianliving.com/food/maple_baked_oatmeal.php

I too, like variation.  

1.  Eggs fried in Pam, dry wheat toast or sprayed with I Can't Believe It's Butter Spraya and 3-4 slices of pre-cooked bacon.
2.  Oatmeal, usually with blueberries or raspberries added or cinnamon.  A few nuts also brightens it up.  Use Splenda or Splenda brown sugar if you need additional "sugar" ... I now eat it plain.
3.  Pumpkin pancakes with very little sugar free maple syrup (I don't like much syrup)
4.  Low fat yogurt (60-90 calories) with oatmeal added to change consistency.
5.  Grapefruit and five grain toast.
6.  2 Egg omelet with every low fat veggie I can find ... asparagus, onion, green peppers, green onion, tomatoes, a slice of precooked bacon, and a piece of low fat (not the no fat) cheese.  I use low fat hot pepper jack or no fat skim ... both melt and do wonderfully.
7.  Wheat thin buns or Mueslix thin bread (about 100 calories), 1 TBSP of peanut butter and either 1-2 TBSP of SF Orange Marmalade OR Slice a banana on top.

Hope this gives you some ideas ... breakfast certainly doesn't have to be boring!  In fact .. it can be most exciting!  It is the MOST IMPORTANT MEAL of the day as it gets your metabolism started.

You may want to join our sister community, Healthy Cooking, and search for some breakfast ideas there as well.  Peekawho, the CL there, does an amazing job keeping us up to date with many healthy recipes.  http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Healthy-Cooking/show/280
Oh ... here's another article on breakfasts I meant to tag onto the last comments ....

http://www.ranaesheart.com/2008/04/food-what-to-eat-part-1-breakfast-one_30.html

Best wishes ... and tickled to have you in the community!!!