Weight Loss & Dieting Community
how heavy should a 16 year old girl be?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

how heavy should a 16 year old girl be?

i was just wondering how heavy you should be at 16 (im a girl)
all my friends are very slim and normal weight but i know, despite what everyone says, that i am over weight and fairly fat so i was trying to work out how much i am over the right weight so i can be a normal size. i try diets but my mum never lets me carry them on becuase she thinks i am being stupid but i want to be able to be happy about how i look and my weight :/
Tags: 16 year old, heavy
It is somewhat going to depend on your height and your bone structure.  In searching the Internet, the Centers for Disease Control has established a height/weight growth chart that you can find at http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhanes/growthcharts/set2clinical/cj41l072.pdf  

The World Health Organization has some data regarding the Growth Reference Data for 5-19 years that you can find at http://www.who.int/growthref/en/

Hope this helps.  

Ranae
Hi there.....................First of all you need to weigh yourself and check your height....that way you will know where you stand and how much weight you need to loose........if any?! For instance....5'=100lbs......................for every inch taller you are,add 5 lbs................this is just an estimate tho..............it really depends on your bone structure and muscle mass.

You could also benefit from making you a food diary....write down everything you eat...Try to make better food choices,eat 3 small meals and snacks in between.....get plenty of exercise.....and drink plenty of water,that will help flush got toxins in your body and help with wt. loss.

Try talking with your mom.....tell her you would like to loose alittle weight.....explain to her you want to look and feel better...be healthier! Hopefully,she will understand and help you.

We are all here to help and encourage you............you said you want to be happy with the way you look and with your weight! I think that is great......i want you to be happy,too........................stay movtivated! I bet you are a beautiful young women! Janice
KTowne commented on Belle313's status
KTowne commented on photo
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
Track your weight over time