is eating an addiction
do you consider eating an addiction as much as smoking?

10
1. yes indeed

0
2. I dont know never thought about it

0
3. no
It can be, but isn't always. Obviously, we have to have food to stay alive, but often we develop unhealthy "relationships" with food and it becomes an obsession. That's when it would be considered an addiction, whether in the form of anxorexia, bulimia and/or some other eating disorders.
Yes, I do believe it is a addiction. I have it, I turn to food, like some people turn to ,booze,drugs anything that makes you feel GOOD! My,Choice just happens to be food. It's a everyday struggle to maintain a healthy way of eating. I call Staying Food Sober! :)
I think it's even worse. To quit smoking you shouldn't change your lifestyle and lots of habits. Do you think about adipex?
Eating?  No.  Overeating?  Sometimes.  Eating disorders?  Sometimes.  
"To quit smoking you shouldn't change your lifestyle and lots of habits."  I quit smoking about 6 yrs ago and yes, I had to change my lifestyle and a lot of my habits, because there were certain things that "triggered" my need for a cigarette.  Even after 6 yrs, there are certain events that trigger craving.  

Same can apply to food.  If you routinely eat while watching TV that becomes a habit and you have to find ways to break it.  If you routinely snack on junk, that, too becomes a habit and you have to change your lifestyle to fit in more healthy options.  Like working crocheting or knitting, work puzzles, etc while watching TV; or getting all the junk food out of your house so all you have available to snack on is healthy things.

Adipex may be a "quick fix" but it's not a permanent option and won't work long term.