Weight Loss & Dieting Community
lose 10 pounds

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

lose 10 pounds

Hi,  I am 30 and 134 pounds, I want to loose abt 10 pounds , i gained this extra weight the last 6 mths.And i blame myself...mindless eating and uncontrolled potions.(due to stress).But now i am aware of my weakness and want to stop over eating.I have started walking 60 mins 3-4 days a week.But I still cant get food off my mind...I love both sweets and spicy food.My problem is when i eat something sweet...i eat a lottttt and then to neutralize that , i eat something spicy , and to neutralize  the spicy stuff ...eat some sweet..its a vicious cycle ..unending..Evey night i decide to eat sensibly the next day ..I start ok...good breakfast. good lunch and then around 4-6 pm.(thats my binge time) I start eating..and cant stop!
I love food..thats a  fact..I need motivation to eat right and potion control.

Please advice me, I have lower back pain, so cant run..I walk briskly on the treadmill and do little weights for my arms.

I want tips on how to stay motivated to eat right and in correct amounts.(the "use a small plate " does not work for me..

Pls help~

Thanksss
Tags: 10, pounds, Back pain, food
Do something else during that 4-6 pm time frame that will take your mind off eating --- make that your time to go for your walk or take up some other type of exercise.  Do something/anything to side track yourself.  That's the only way you will break the cycle.  

You might try yoga -- it's based on breathing, balance and concentration - try that during that time frame.  

Take up a hobby. I make jewelery so that keeps my hands busy and not wanting food. Also when I'm doing that, I lose track of time and by the time I want a snack it would be too late to eat anything. So that works for me.
Thanksss :) I have started going out during the "binge time" and
I read my books aloud when thought of food come to mind..I hv an  exam coming up in April..so studying is my hobby for now :) .
I also remind myself "I wont regret NOT eating that extra piece " ..
I drink tons of water ...fills me up.
Somehow like you said..just getting over that time is imp..so i listen to my fav songs or simply browse You tube...time flies :).
And  I started walking again regularly...
I shall update you with my weight loss :)

Thankss
I'm happy to hear that you are finding ways to get through those binge times.  

We'd love to have you stick around and participate in our posts, weigh ins, etc.