Weight Loss & Dieting Community
lose 60 pounds

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

lose 60 pounds

i been trying to lose 60 pounds and am overwight am at 231 pounds and i wont to get out of the 200s am tried of being fat. so if anyone could help me loss the pounds.
oh i need to lose it in about a month and a half
Hey there,

I think you can lose weight rapidly by staying on a high protein low carb diet. Stay under 20 grams of carbs every day and you'll see results. Do not count your calories but try to eat healthy. You can eat chicken, a whole chicken w/o the skin actually, turkey, fish, eggs, lettuce and all the green vegetables. Later on you can add nuts and berries to your diet. Drink plenty of water. Try to incorporate exercise to your daily routine. Start walking for 30 minutes and then as you go along you can start jogging and so and so. Don't go hungry for a long time. Try to eat every three to four hours.

For example, you can have 1 egg with 3 or 4 egg whites for breakfast. Use Pam to make it scrambled eggs and you can even put tomatoes, unsweetened ham and spices, cinnamon, whatever you like that's low in carbs. Take a cup of tea if you like it but just don't put sugar.

Snack: you can have a wrap. Here is what I mean: Get turkey breast (not from the deli, those are high in sodium) it can be grilled or boiled. You may have like 2 slices of turkey breast with low-fat cheese and lettuce, wrap it up and you're good to go. You may have half an apple, too.

Lunch: Like I said before, you can eat a whole chicken with salad, and I mean green salad (lol) You can eat pork, or whatever meat you like the most.

Snack 2: You may have like sugar free jello with a can of tuna in water. (you can put lemon and a bit of extra virgin olive oil)You can always vary your options. You may want to go with a can of chicken breast in water, or salmon.

For dinner you can have whatever you want as long as you eat either meats and veggies or fish, poultry and very little carb consumption, or you can have a protein shake.

This high-in-protein diet has helped a lot of people, including myself. Perhaps you'll find peple who disagree with this and they'll tell you to go high in carbs but to be honest..I tried that one too and Oops..didn't work at all. Read about ketosis. Once you reach this state, and it doesn't take too long to reach...then you'll see the weight coming off of you and you'll even feel better. You will not crave and you will not be as hungry. Your body will start burning the stored fat because you will be lacking carbs, which is our primary source of  energy, but you will not feel weak or dizy since you are not starving yourself. When our bodies use energy what it's really doing is it's burning carbs first. The second choice is fat, which is what you want to get rid of. So if you stay on a low carb diet your body will burn the fat much much easier and faster. You'll see results in the first week. You may lose 5, 6 pounds in the first week depending on your needs. Good luck!!!