Weight Loss & Dieting Community
losing weight

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

losing weight

hi. i'm 19 and weigh 64 kgs. i know its a bit abnormal for me and i have most fats on my thighs, waist and butt region and would like to know of any ways to reduce it. its really hard for me to shed weight as i have a very slow metabolism.. need help :|
its pretty normal for women to have more fat around the thighs and butt. look at it this way, it is much better that fat around your tummy as that crushes organs and is more likely to kill you. fat around the butt and thighs is there so we woman can support a baby. either way if you workout and eat well it will go down.
some ways to raise metabolism are drinking green tea, coffee, and just working out, each time you go for a run your metabolism will rise a little. also start doing lunges and squats will work your bum and legs. walking is also really good.
i was 82kg with the same butt and thigh problem i walked 1 hour everyday for 2 years and got down to 55kg. went from a size 14 to a size 8 and yes my butt looks a hell of a lot better! :)
good luck
You don't say how tall you are so it's hard to determine if you are really overweight.  

In addition to exercise, you have to watch your calorie intake.  It's best to calculate number of calories needed, based on your current age, weight, height and activity level.  That way you can make sure you get enough, but not too many.
actualy i've mentioned i do have fat on my waist.. the abdomen area to be precise and my waist is like 36 inches..
and the problem is i know running and walking are effective in raising the metabolism but due to my schedule i cant find time for it !
but really thanks for the advice... will try to exercise atleast !
im like 5' 1''..
and can you tell me how to calculate calories as i dont eat junk, only take home-made stuff and all..
Just because you have fat in the abdominal area, doesn't mean you are overweight; it could mean that you need exercise to get rid of it and tone the muscles. Have you ever tried yoga? You can search the internet for free videos to learn how to do it.

MedHelp has an excellent food diary, that will help you calculate your calorie needs.  Here's a link to another site that will make it simple to calculate them also, plus provide a lot of diet information.  Just answer the questions and the site will do the work.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/calorie-calculator/NU00598

Once you've calculated your needs, you will need to subtract calories in order to lose weight.  A pound is 3500 calories, so if you want to lose a pound a week, you would need to eliminate that many calories/week.  That would average out to 500 calories/day (500 calories/day X 7 days/week = 3500).  

You can do this a couple of ways.  You can either eat 500 calories less/day, use 500 calories more/day or spread it out between diet and exercise, by eating 250 calories/day less and using 250 calories/day more.

It's good that you only eat home-made things, but you will need to watch the ingredients you use.  High fat or sugar content will sabotage any diet effort.  Make sure you eat lots of fresh/frozen veggies and unsweetened fruits, low/no fat dairy, only lean meats and whole grains.
thankyou soo much !! you've been a great help.. and i really appreciate you helping me out.. will try to follow your suggestions and hope im able to lose weight ! :) thankyou again !!
Feel free to stick around and keep posting to let us know how you're doing.  

Good luck.......