Weight Loss & Dieting Community
lost 36lbs now at a plateau

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

lost 36lbs now at a plateau

since july i have lost 36lbs, i started at 178 and am now 141, i'm 5'2 and i'd like to get between 125-130lbs. i am still eating healthy staying between 1200-1300 calories a day, taking vitamins, getting moderate exercise, i have a 2 year old! ha!  i want to join a gym but can't afford it and it's hard to get outside around my neighborhood. any helpful ideas would be VERY much appreciated. i'm trying to get to my goal weight by april for a wedding we're going to and lots of people i will see that i haven't seen in years.  i also am preparing my body for another baby soon, and i'd like to finish loosing my weight before i am pregnant.  thanks so much!!
Have you tried the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred? If not then you should give a go its only 10$ at the store and it WORKS!! I plateaued after getting halfway and losing 10 lbs and as soon as i started it the scale starting moving and the tape measure even decided to be my friend!! LOL!!
If you're plateauing, you probably have to switch up some stuff in your routine. I've plateaued a bunch of times and ended up getting my weight loss to resume when I had a week of eating higher calories! On average I also eat 1200-1300 calories but when my weight loss slows down or stalls, I throw in a few 1400-1600 days for a week (while still exercising) and that seems to rev up my metabolism and get things going again. And then after that, I resume my normal 1200-1300 calories but I still try and throw in at least one higher calorie a day a week. I typically eat a very low fat diet (25-35g a day) but I try to throw in a few higher fat days too. But I make sure it comes from good fats like avocado, nuts, olive oil, flax, fish etc. If your body gets too used to your routine, it will lose it's effectiveness after a while so every so often you have to kind of shock your system. Same thing goes for exercise. If you are working out intensely and arent getting many rest days, then definitely make sure you're getting at least 2 days of rest. If you think you're exercise is decent, but not very high intensity or long duration, then kick it up a notch and try new workouts. You just have to tweak your exercise and diet around a bit and you'll see that the scale will start moving again.

Congrats on your weight loss so far and good luck reaching your final goal!
nice