Business woman3
meds
External User
If you have high blood pressure and low saline, and your blood pressure medicine contains a diuretic, should you continue the diuretic?
Hi!
Well, if the sodium is low in your blood and you have high blood pressure, then generally you will not be prescribed a diuretic. Maybe while taking the diuretic the sodium loss in urine resulted in low blood sodium. If the diuretic is potassium sparing then maybe the blood potassium levels will be fine, otherwise these too would have gone down. You must immediately inform your doctor regarding this. You would probably be put off the diuretic and started on some other medication.  Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.