Weight Loss & Dieting Community
need some help loosing MORE weight.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

need some help loosing MORE weight.

Hi, i've been dancing since I was 6. Ballet, jazz and tap for a total of 13 years and I would like to make a profession out of it. only i have a slight problem.. well.. more like a huge problem. most dance colleges you have to be a certain weight. I tore a muscle in my neck and messed up my knee back in Sept of last year and couldn't dance until Feb when I got released. i've always been the bigger girl. my highest weight was 228 that was in Feb. My current weight is 201 as of last week. I need to loose at least another 30-40lbs by august for college audition. which doesn't leave me much time. I've been literally busting my butt for the last 4 months work has me extremely busy and i don't usually get off until after the gym closes which has been killing me this last month, and running outside at dark in my neighborhood is like a death sentence. i've been doing sit-ups, push- ups, air boxing etc in my apt. but nothing that really gets my heart pumping. I have a few questions. 1. it is possible for me to loose 30-40lbs by august? 2. after i get below the 200 mark will it get easier for me to loose weight? or will it become more challenging? 3. what kind of exercises can I do that won't cause me to re injure my neck or knee?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Tags: help, muscles, Dancing, Weight
To be honest it would be very difficult, and unsafe, for you to lose that amount of weight in that time.

Are you not able to defer the audition for a year and lose the weight safely?

Also, if you did lose that weight in that amount of time it would be very difficult for you to keep it off and you don't want to be struggling like that forever.
no. i just need to loose enough weight to get my jumps higher. everything else is ok. it's just they'd like me to be at most 165lbs. but for me everyone in my family thinks that it's to skinny. i'm 5'11. If i delay college any longer i'm not likely to go back. i'm 20 and have already been to college once when i was 17. But i didn't like the career i had chosen to get a degree in.
I agree that losing that much weight in such a  short time would be very difficult, at best; and not very healthy.  

I realize that you are exercising a lot; what about calorie intake?  Are there ways you  might be able to cut back there?  Like drinking more water, eating plenty of veggies, low fat, lean protein, etc.   Just don't cut your calories by too much or you won't get enough.
Well 165pounds woul still make you healthy according to the BMI so don't worry about what your family are saying on that front.

However, you will struggle to lose that much weight in that amount of time. In fact, you will really, really struggle.

Is it not possible for you to set yourself a more realistic target and then explain the situation to the college, so that they are clear you WILL lose the weight, it's just that losing that much in the time frame you had isn't possible?