Weight Loss & Dieting Community
need suggestions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

need suggestions

im a mom of 2 young active boys and i dont have to energy to do much when our day starts soo early..
im the heaviest ive ever been n im unhappy with how i look and feel..
when i start exercise routines i never seem to stick to them i get frustrated when i dont lose any weight and give up... any suggestion on how to get energy and not give up?
baby steps are the way to go sometimes. don't force yourself to go full force into an exercise regimen, diet change, etc. but of course, diet and exercise is key to weight loss and a healthier you. you say you have two active young boys and your day starts early. are they playground age? if so, why not take them to the park and play with them. chasing them around the park or making up games where it involves some running, walking, etc can help too. or, maybe instead of going to the park, take them on walks around the neighborhood with you. it doesn't have to be long drawn out walks, it could just be a simple 10-20 mins walk around the blocks. these could be done with the boys in the morning or anytime throughout the day. what i noticed has helped for some people is taking walks before or after dinner. every little bit helps! and of course, you must make sure you watch what you eat too. so, stay positive, be consistent, take those baby steps toward a healthier more active you... and good luck! :)
My boys are 5yrs and 9mos.
I try to watch what kind of food I eat n my family.. I started a lil workoutt plan last nite that wasn't to hard/harsh to keep up wit.. so I'm hoping till help, my bday is 4mos away soo my goal is to fit into a nice small black dress n b comfortable in it:) I'm hoping once my 5yr starts kdg I can go for walks in the morning n jus stay busy... its to hard to take him for walks.... the drs think he has ADHD soo its soo hard to keep his attention on where to walk n all that...

Thanks for u advice
My boys are 5yrs and 9mos.

Thanks for u advice
You might try getting a book called "The Flex Diet", written by Dr James Beckerman, who is a practicing cardiologist and also one of the experts, here on MedHelp.  The Flex Diet, is full of small changes that can make a huge difference in your weight.  

Walking is very good exercise, as is yoga.  You can get relatively inexpensive dvd's to follow; maybe your 5 yr old would like to try them also, even if just for a few minutes at a time.  Yoga is very relaxing, so it just might have a positive effect on both of you.  

In addition, I might suggest that you see your doctor and have some blood tests done to check your thyroid gland.  If you aren't producing enough thyroid hormones, you will be very tired, have little energy and have difficulty losing weight. You need a minimum of TSH, Free T3 and Free T4.  You might also request to have your vitamin B12 tested, as low levels can cause fatigue, as well; and while you're at it, get tested for PCOS and insulin resistance, which can both make losing weight difficult.
I hear ya. I am a single mom of two boys and I find it so hard to get started however... I found after three months of working out daily without focusing on how much wieght i lost I had a lot more energy to just be active with my kids... I can understand the frustration and hope you all the best... Just dont give up on yourself, you are more important that that. dont concentrate on the number stressing about it wont help at all... and just try and have some fun.