Weight Loss & Dieting Community
orslim (orlistat) 120 mg weight loss tablet

A community of people interested in weight loss and dieting. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: balanced menus, popular diets, exercise, metabolism, healthy snacks, nutrition, and weight loss surgery.

I am 18yrs old.. I am 103 kg and 5.6 inch...I am unmarried and using orslim tablet for weight reduction..I had joined gym since a year but only lost 15 kg IN A YEAR...  I also have polar cystic ovaries... Is orslim healthy for me??? Does it create any problems in pregnancy or conceiving etc... Or does it have any long term problems??? It's been a week I am using it
You should talk to your doctor to make sure it's safe during pregnancy.  As far as I know, it should not cause issues in pregnancy, or with conceiving, but you won't want to stay on it, if you do conceive, because it could prevent a fetus from getting adequate nourishment.

I don't know that there have really been enough studies to determine long term problems.  

I took Ali for a while, which has the same active ingredient - orlistat.  The biggest problem I found with it, was the sudden oily stools.  Another problem was that your body needs a certain amount of good fat to be healthy and satisfied.  The orlistat doesn't differentiate between healthy and unhealthy fats, so you'll be missing out on some nutrients. I took it for 2-3 months and didn't lose any weight, so I decided that the unwanted side effects weren't worth it.

Like any other diet aid, if you don't develop healthy eating habits while taking it, you'll gain back any lost weight, as soon as you stop taking it.  Best to develop lifestyle changes that you can stick with over the long term in order to lose/keep off unwanted weight.

Are you implementing any exercise into your program?  Exercise builds muscle and muscle burns fat; that's a win/win situation.
Forgot -- metformin is often used to treat PCOS; has your doctor considered putting you on that?
No not any doctor but a professional gymnast..I have a busy routine with my school and academies..so I can't focus on gym that much.. I can only workout for half an hour or so.. So even with a controlled diet I don't loose much weight...so a gymnast recommended me...
What do you say??
No I'm not pregnant but just in want to know if it creates any problems...
30 min, at least 3 times/week is about what's recommended for exercise; 5-6 days is good, but if you can't, you can't.

PCOS also causes weight gain/inability to lose, so unless that's treated adequately, you will have a very hard time losing weight.  PCOS will also prevent you from getting pregnant, if not treated.

I know when you're busy, it's hard to find time to go to a doctor, but you really need to get treated.  
I was taking single dose of orslim. I took it for 15 days. I didn't loose any weight. I consulted a doctor. He asked me to take it twice a day. I took it twice only for two days. But since I am having a double dose..I am feeling very dizzy..It is so much that I was unable to walk yesterday. I am feeling low and a lot of weakness also..am I alright??? Should I discontinue it??? I am worried!!
You should consult with your doctor, I went to a gynaecologist and she recommended me  to take vitamin with orslim. Because I am having irregular periods so thought I might be PCOS but its not which is good. She recommended me 2 tablets a day with one tablet of multi vitamins a day. Also please do tell me are you losing weight with orslim?  Because It's my 2nd day today of this medicine.
Does orslim reduce weight?
I really need to lose weight fast... I have been fat all my life.. never been able to lose weight... I'm 23 n 80 plus kg n my height is 5 2...I bought or slim today.. can't find much info on net.. blindly reply
Is orslim works on you? I am using and I lost weight.
Track your weight over time