Weight Loss & Dieting Community
overweight and growing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

overweight and growing

Hi...I am 26 years old 5'5 and I weigh 230 pounds I carry most of the weight on the lower end of my body! I wear a size 18 in pants and a medium shirt...weird huh? I want to lose weight and also slim down my hips and thighs...How do I do this?
Hi!
Since you have disproportionate fat distribution, you need to rule out disorders such as adrenal gland problems (Cushing’s disease), hypothyroidism and diabetes. If you have any of these, you need appropriate treatment for them. Apart from it, you need to eat frequently but in small portions. It is best to eat lots of fruits and non-starchy green veggies, go slow on fats, eat carbohydrates in moderation and increase your protein intake (lean cuts, whites of eggs etc). Drink plenty of water and non fattening fluids such as clear soups etc. Look for hidden calories in salads and soups and avoid them (eg: cheese, butter, dressings etc).
Diet alone will not tone up the body. For this you need exercises specific to the area of the body that has maximum fat, along with general exercises which include aerobics, stretching and strengthening exercises. You need to either join a gym or consult a physical trainer. Please consult your family doctor to rule out the above mentioned diseases first. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
gymdandee commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
13 mins ago
Shannon79 commented on Saw the babies again ...
Paxiled commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
Track your weight over time