overweight and growing
Hi...I am 26 years old 5'5 and I weigh 230 pounds I carry most of the weight on the lower end of my body! I wear a size 18 in pants and a medium shirt...weird huh? I want to lose weight and also slim down my hips and thighs...How do I do this?
Hi!
Since you have disproportionate fat distribution, you need to rule out disorders such as adrenal gland problems (Cushing’s disease), hypothyroidism and diabetes. If you have any of these, you need appropriate treatment for them. Apart from it, you need to eat frequently but in small portions. It is best to eat lots of fruits and non-starchy green veggies, go slow on fats, eat carbohydrates in moderation and increase your protein intake (lean cuts, whites of eggs etc). Drink plenty of water and non fattening fluids such as clear soups etc. Look for hidden calories in salads and soups and avoid them (eg: cheese, butter, dressings etc).
Diet alone will not tone up the body. For this you need exercises specific to the area of the body that has maximum fat, along with general exercises which include aerobics, stretching and strengthening exercises. You need to either join a gym or consult a physical trainer. Please consult your family doctor to rule out the above mentioned diseases first. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.