side affects of depo :(
hello everyone im 17 and sadly took the depo shot> before i did i was on a great track losing weight then i gained 3 pounds and its been 2 months since i took im extremely scaredt hat i wont be able to lose or i will gain more pleaseeee i need some good advice.
When on the Depo, the best way to avoid gaining weight is diet and exercise. Some people gain the weight and some lose weight. When I was on Depo, I gained weight, I also didn't exercise and I wasn't on a diet. My friend, however, lost weight while on Depo, she also didn't exercise and wasn't on a diet. Depo affects people differently. If you were dieting and exercising and you gained weight, you may want to choose a different method.
It can also cause stretch marks.  I prefer a plain old copper IUD (no hormones), but the usual side effect is heavy bleeding for about a year.  This could cause anemia.  Other than that, it's been great.