Weight Loss & Dieting Community
super vitamin b complex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

super vitamin b complex

hello, I currently am taking super b complex vitamin. After taking this vitamin, I notice that my urine is a deeper yellow and sometimes smells like the vitamin. Should I be concerned? also, I heard that this is a sign that my body is not absorbing the vitamin and that I am pissing it out as well as I should look into another brand, is this true?
Is this a weight loss question?

Would the pills happen to be yellow?  If so, it would be the dye in them that's causing your urine to be yellow.  If the pills aren't yellow, you might want to look at other supplements you might be taking.  Another thing is if you don't go to the bathroom often and drink plenty of water, your urine becomes more concentrated and can turn a darker color, plus have more of an odor.

B vitamins are water soluble, so if you don't really need them, they will leave the body via the urine.  That doesn't mean you aren't absorbing them; it means you have enough.
I am on the same thing and my doctor said it is normal!!!! no worries
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
KTowne commented on Shannon79's status
KTowne commented on Gardezi's status
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Track your weight over time