sushi-good or bad?
Hey, I have a thing for sushi, I like it alot.  It seems like an easy way to make my diet healthier is by eating it, too.  Is that accurate?  For someone who works out often like I've been, it seems like a good source of protein.
I am also a sushi lover and consider it very good for my diet.  Just watch how much soy sauce you use so you aren't ingesting too much sodium.  Stick to the rolls, sashimi and maki sushi plus a salad and soup and you have a great healthy meal.  Steer clear of the tempura and dumplings though :(
You could not pay me to eat sushi LOl sorry not a fan of it but what you are asking i did hear you should make your own sushi at home because you dont know the guidelines the place is using to make theirs and if you dont do it properly you could get sick!! Other than that i dont see it as something bad just follow as Trudie said and watch the soy sauce!!
Sushi is one of those things that can appear to be healthy and calorie conscious at first glance but can be laden with high fat and many calories upon closer scrutiny.  

If you’re looking at sushi that contains cream cheese or fish/meat that is fried or tempera battered, they contain high fat and calories.  Read the menu, study the components of the sushi you are looking at and make healthier choices.  For instance, a cream cheese roll with salmon is 517 calories and a tempura roll is 531 calories.

Personally, I select the California Roll as it contains cooked crab, avocado and cucumber.  12 pieces (9.6 oz) contains 361 calories.  Total fat is 6 g, sat fat 1 g, cholesterol 0 mg, total carbs 66 g, dietary fiber 3 g, sugars 7 g, protein 10 g, calcium 70 mg, sodium 637 mg.  In addition, I eat their clear soup, which is basically beef broth with a few green onion tops, freshly sliced mushrooms and one French fried onion ring.  It is also served with a lettuce salad that has a soy dressing (soy sauce with a tiny bit of oil).  For $4.50, it is one of my favorite meals.
If you stick with the original Japanese sushi, it is very healthy, especially the seaweed and the fish itself. Mind you, if you were to consume HUGE amounts: the expensive type tuna is the fatty kind, salmon has more calories than other fish, shrimp can raise cholesterol levels and possibly contribute to gout, the soy sauce sodium may raise your blood pressure and the rice, oh well, it`s more calories. But then again - it is hard to really pig out on sushi, isn`t it?