teeter totter
i need to stop eating bread and sugar. i gained 13 lbs after finishing hcg diet in feb. i am at a loss
Bread and sugar was pretty much all I ate for 3 months. I ate cookies, cake, pastries...if it was sweet, I ate it. and I had a huge carb addiction. It literally seemed like that's all I ate and I gained a decent bit of weight from it. I slowly cut out those foods and replaced them with lean meats, fish, veggies etc. I allow myself twice a week to eat a sugary snack of my choice so I don't freak out and binge on them. I didn't completely cut out breads and carbs...I just reduced my intake significantly. it was really hard the first week but after that week the new diet seemed completely natural to me. I feel better and the weight came right off. And I really didn't have to adjust my diet horribly...I just needed to make better decisions.

It was fun too because I got creative with my crock pot and started making a lot of dishes that were low in carbs and health for me. I just googled some recipes and had at it. I hope this helps some. Good luck
Thanks for the tips. It really helps to hear real stories. I have struggled with my weight and I feel like Im always losing the battle. I do have a tendency of consuming more sugars. Thats a good idea to allow yourself some sugary snacks twice a week. How about cheese?  I hear that cheese is good protein.
Cheese is excellent for protein -- make sure it's either low fat or fat free, though.  

You could try using stevia for sweetener, rather than sugar; stevia is calorie free and won't spike your blood sugar the way refined sugar will.