Weight Loss & Dieting Community
teeter totter

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

teeter totter

i need to stop eating bread and sugar. i gained 13 lbs after finishing hcg diet in feb. i am at a loss
Bread and sugar was pretty much all I ate for 3 months. I ate cookies, cake, pastries...if it was sweet, I ate it. and I had a huge carb addiction. It literally seemed like that's all I ate and I gained a decent bit of weight from it. I slowly cut out those foods and replaced them with lean meats, fish, veggies etc. I allow myself twice a week to eat a sugary snack of my choice so I don't freak out and binge on them. I didn't completely cut out breads and carbs...I just reduced my intake significantly. it was really hard the first week but after that week the new diet seemed completely natural to me. I feel better and the weight came right off. And I really didn't have to adjust my diet horribly...I just needed to make better decisions.

It was fun too because I got creative with my crock pot and started making a lot of dishes that were low in carbs and health for me. I just googled some recipes and had at it. I hope this helps some. Good luck
Thanks for the tips. It really helps to hear real stories. I have struggled with my weight and I feel like Im always losing the battle. I do have a tendency of consuming more sugars. Thats a good idea to allow yourself some sugary snacks twice a week. How about cheese?  I hear that cheese is good protein.
Cheese is excellent for protein -- make sure it's either low fat or fat free, though.  

You could try using stevia for sweetener, rather than sugar; stevia is calorie free and won't spike your blood sugar the way refined sugar will.

Best Multivitamins for Men
8 mins ago by gymdandee
KTowne commented on photo
Drug Abuse in Middle Schools
2 hrs ago by Emily_MHModerator
Track your weight over time