Weight Loss & Dieting Community
teeter totter
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

teeter totter

i need to stop eating bread and sugar. i gained 13 lbs after finishing hcg diet in feb. i am at a loss
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1448936_tn?1363209946
Bread and sugar was pretty much all I ate for 3 months. I ate cookies, cake, pastries...if it was sweet, I ate it. and I had a huge carb addiction. It literally seemed like that's all I ate and I gained a decent bit of weight from it. I slowly cut out those foods and replaced them with lean meats, fish, veggies etc. I allow myself twice a week to eat a sugary snack of my choice so I don't freak out and binge on them. I didn't completely cut out breads and carbs...I just reduced my intake significantly. it was really hard the first week but after that week the new diet seemed completely natural to me. I feel better and the weight came right off. And I really didn't have to adjust my diet horribly...I just needed to make better decisions.

It was fun too because I got creative with my crock pot and started making a lot of dishes that were low in carbs and health for me. I just googled some recipes and had at it. I hope this helps some. Good luck
Blank
Thanks for the tips. It really helps to hear real stories. I have struggled with my weight and I feel like Im always losing the battle. I do have a tendency of consuming more sugars. Thats a good idea to allow yourself some sugary snacks twice a week. How about cheese?  I hear that cheese is good protein.
Blank
649848_tn?1357751184
Cheese is excellent for protein -- make sure it's either low fat or fat free, though.  

You could try using stevia for sweetener, rather than sugar; stevia is calorie free and won't spike your blood sugar the way refined sugar will.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Weight Loss & Dieting Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...