Weight Loss & Dieting Community
weight loss goal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

weight loss goal

I weigh about 230 now. Im 5'4 and built stocky. I am 17 years old. If i wanted to get to about 160 (60 pounds of weight loss) between now, april 30th, and june 30, what is the recomended miles I should run a day? Im willing to work out the way i need to to get there.
Hi Bagira,

I just finished reading your comments. It's impossible to lose 60 lbs in two
months SAFELY. Before you start any diet, it's very advisable to make an
appointment with your family doctor. Your family doctor who knows your
medical history is the best person to advise you on what kind of diet to
go on. The best way to achieve permanent weight loss is to lose the weight
slowly about 2 lbs per week is normal. Your doctor can also advise you what
kind of exercise would help you with your weight loss. You can't lose 60 ibs purely by trying to run if off. Not realistic. You also have to be careful because of your current weight. Too much running at your current weight would put a strain on your heart, your legs, your back. I advise you to make
an appointment with your family doctor and see what advice she or he can
give you with regards to losing weight safely. Please seek medical advice.
You also have to be careful not to lose the weight too quickly as this can
cause other health issues for you. Good luck with your new food plan.
I prefer the words " food plan" to the word diet. Be well. Evewisewoman (Eve)
thank u. I really just need to get out of the 200's asap. I hav been active all my life and i am use to hard work out sessions (i played football with a bunch of guys...so yah). I know i cant simply run of my 230 pounds so i am starting a hwalthy diet. But i do need to exercise along with this diet. I need to know what is the average mile a person trying to lose weight would run. Il lower my goal to 30 pounds in 2 months. That IS possible because iv done it b4 simply by working my but off and dieting. I just need sum1 to thro a starting mile goal to run at me so i know wherw to
60 pounds, and even 30 pounds is too much to lose in 2 months.  While losing 30 pounds in a month may be possible, it's not safe.  Safe weight loss is 1-2 pounds/week so at the most, you should only try to lose 20 pounds.

Trying to run off that much weight will be very hard for your body, because running is very high impact. You will have much better luck if you mix the running with some weight training.

You should check with your doctor and ask for some simple blood tests to rule out a hypothyroid or insulin resistance condition.  

I'm sorry, but we can't tell you how many miles to start with, because we don't know your abilities and your current health conditions.
To lose 60 pounds in 2 months is a bad idea for you, because the healthy way is 2-3 pounds of weight loss in week. Kill this idea of losing weight.  So it is more suggestible for you that, you can loss only 25-30 pounds for 2 months in a healthy way.  
Thank u all for ur comments. They will b a big help