Weight Loss & Dieting Community
weight loss low calorie diet and exercise

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

I'm trying to lose weight for my trip to Vegas in May so I'm counting calories and going to the gym 4-5 days a week. i really want to tone up and lose my love handles. What's some good exercises that you know of or any good supplements? I weigh 145 lbs and am eating 1300-1500 calories
Hi!
First of all please do not take any weight loss supplements as they often contain hidden calories or cause so much of nutrition loss that they make you look haggard. At the gym, you could consult a physical trainer to understand what exercises you can incorporate to tone up the body as lose weight. A combination of aerobics, strengthening and stretching exercises help. Eat frequent small meals and stop counting calories. It is best to eat lots of fruits and non-starchy green veggies, go slow on fats, eat carbohydrates in moderation and increase your protein intake (lean cuts, whites of eggs etc). Drink plenty of water and non fattening fluids such as clear soups etc. Look for hidden calories in salads and soups and avoid them (eg: cheese, butter, dressings etc).
Try building additional exercise into your daily life. If you lead a busy life, then walk to work, or to bus stand etc, climb stairs instead of using lifts, walk while talking on cell phone, or briskly walk to any place you are going to. See how you can change your lifestyle to incorporate exercise. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Paxiled commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
11 mins ago
KTowne School shopping is complete... Comment
Dee1956 commented on THIS NEW FORUM STINKS...
Track your weight over time