Weight Loss & Dieting Community
weightloss buddy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

weightloss buddy?

Hi. I'm Nina. I'm 22, engaged and a mom of an angel baby and a healthy almost 3 year old boy with PKU. I am looking for a motivational weightloss buddy. I am looking to be your motivation too if u need it. Looking to make a new friend out of this and lose much needed weight ofcourse. I am very friendly.
Hi I'm a 36 year old mom of three my youngest is 8 mths and now I'm here needing to lose at least 25 lbs of baby weight and could use some motivation too
Hi, I am toni and i am here to loose 40 POUNDS ... fun huh?! I have 4 kids and i like talking :)
Hi, I'm Jayme. I'm 22 and am a mommy to an almost 11 month old boy. I would love to be your weight loss buddy! I'm looking to lose 25 pounds at least. I love to make new friends :)
Hi Ladies -  Im Helen -  Im 40 and live in West Midlands England. I have a 24 year old son who has Downs Syndrome and Autism and an 8 year old girl (going on 18 I swear).

My goal was to lose 67lb by 16th July - So far I am 9.8lb down - its hard work and I have been a yo yo dieter for 14 years. This time I am motivated and determined and off to a good start.

Good luck to you all and may this be a fantastic year for all of us and may our weightloss and fitness goals all be achieved :)
Hi, just started my diet today! Could do with all the motivation going. I'm not trying to see it as a diet but as a change in lifestyle, thinking positive because I have a lot to lose! My husband seems to believe any rubbish he hears on the radio so isn't being the most helpful- plus he is naturally slim anyway.   Have decided to aim to walk 10000 steps a day but don't know how I'm going to add it to the tracker as I don't know how many calories that equates to. Any ideas? X
Hi all, im 22 and a mummy to a beautiful little girl who's nearly two.. I was a size 8 before my daughter but put on a lot of weight through pregnancy and went up to a size 12 gaining 4 stone in 6 months!!! As the first three I had severe sickness and actually lost a stone! I made up for it haha! I am happy with my size I like being curvier, do not want to go back to an 8 but I do want to get rid of the baby blubber that's left behind, lose a small amount of weight so I can tone up and flatten myself out =) would be great to have a buddy To do it with =) x
I am Tanya. I have 15 to 20 lbs to lose. I have 3 kids & the 3rd one left me with serious baby fat.  I can't seem to find the motivation to stick with a diet. A few months ago in July-I noticed that I was gaining and gaining and gaining lbs...getting up to 160. Normally I'm 143-so I quit soda. Poof I was back to my 143 in the blink of an eye. BUT..um that was July. I am still 143. So I have been stuck there at  143 for 5+ months with no further attempts at wt loss. Anyway, I hope to have a weight loss buddy..and find some motivation: )
Hi everyone im 23 yrs old and a mother to a handsome 11 month old boy. I started my diet jan 3 and im already down 4 pounds. Im looking to lose 20 pounds. Looking for motivation and tips and a weight loss buddy.And I'm here to help also. It would nice to make new mommy friends. :-D
hi JMom/mummzy/babi!!/Toni/Mrs Jackson/CS/Helen
How has the weight loss journeys for you been? I am kindof excited to have a little group to try to lose wt with. Mabe this is what I need--to tell people about my diet. I dont really like to tell people at work, some of them have ALOT to lose and they just throw that in my face like my few lbs aren't important because some people are actually obese.

anyways-here goes. I am going to use the flat bellly diet. A book I have been reading religiously. Its pretty strict and doesn't allow for coffee-I love all sugary star bux coffees which is my prob. So starting tomorrow-that's it. I am on a diet. 90% of wt loss comes from dieting, only 10% from exercise. I am nurse, and I couldn't help passing that along!
You lost 9.8lbs? How are u doing it?
Hi Tanya I am a nurse as well. Haven't heard of that diet but sounds interesting. I'm doing my own diet - no fizzy drinks, chocolate, bread, crisps etc. going to drink 2l of water a day,going to start Zumba next week as well.  I have got a ball to go to in July so that is what I'm aiming towards.
I feel like support in such situations (as losing excess weight) is key to keeping on track. I think weightloss buddies is the best way to go about it - I mean, that way you're all in the same position.

I feel the need to hide my diet because it's almost taboo to talk about.

This is the last time I diet & I'm going to lose those pounds for good.

Do I want cake or a thigh gap? Do I want crisps or hip bones? That's all I say to myself if I feel hungry. It seems to help me.

If you ever feel demotivated look at some 'thinspiration', that'll get you into check.

Hi all!
Nice to see another nurse on here CS.
So day1 for me--followed the Belly fat diet and even got my circuit-training in. I did have one coffee. But sometimes I have 3--dont judge!   I work nights and I am not sure if I will be able to cut out coffee.  But I was mostly good. Tomorrow--I work. This is the danger territory. I am trying to get all my little meals together for the whole night. Otherwise, I will have 3 coffees/whatever deserts the other nurses bring in/and whatever deserts the ex-patients bring in to thank us plus I will be hungry when I get home and have a hot chocolate.
K well I will see you later as I am now googling thinspiration: )
Hi all, I'm 27 with 2 children a 3yr old and a 18month old. I live in redcar in the north east of England.  I would like to lose 25lbs as I'm getting married in June and would like to love good in my dress.

I have been good at cutting out chocolate and alcohol in my diet seen new year but need motivation in exercising as this is were I am struggling, I walk everywhere but need to do more.  
Welcome to our little group congrats on your upcoming marriage. Cutting out chocolate is rough. I actually threw out some chocolate last night so not to be tempted. For exercise I have been doing circuit training--I like Brain Gym on Youtube but I think anykind willl do. But the best way to lose weight is through diet. Good luck sweets.
Thank you, I have never thought about looking on youtube for exercise videos so will have a look later.

I haven't found it that bad not eating chocolate but have craved it, lol x
Dear all, hope your weight loss journeys are going well. I've just started my second week and feel really positive.  Have decided not to do a specific name diet but I have cut out fizzy drinks ( I used to have 2-3 a day), bread, chocolate and have reduced the amount of potatoes and red meat. I'm going to aqua aerobics tomorrow and starting Zumba next week. I am determined to make this my year of change! Wish you all the best luck and look forward to us all motivating each other along the way :-)
HI back CS sounds like your diet is going well. Cutting fizzy drinks help me stop gaining.  Had sortof a bad diet day. I have been following my flat belly diet pretty closely-mabe too closely for the past week or so. Last night I had to work and was extra strict. But today when I woke up and felt really tired and sluggish.
My nose started bleeding and I just felt zonked. I decided to give the diet a little break and had some cake. Don't laugh but after I had some pound cake and sugar-coffee I felt way better. Tomorrow I will try to incorporate some carbs to this thing mabe some brown rice or somethin. Happy dieting all; )
SOOO. My diet is going pretty good. I mean I am sticking with it and I adjusted it so that I have a little bit of carb with mjy flat belly diet!!!. BUT--seriously! I HAVE GOT to stopy drinking coffee. I know that is what's holdingme back from losing. Like today I have had like 4 coffees plus all that cream and sugar. Let's face it weight loss buds, if you are still there, I won't lose any weight this way! So this is it. I am not drinking another sugary coffee. I sometimes drink a Chai mixed with coffee--no sugar-just a little whip. So if I get desparate I will drink that other wise, I am only drinking black tea to keep my caffiene levels. I am temporarily stopping the flat belly diet. The only thing I will do now is portion control and try to give up coffee and that's it.ok Im done for now.
Halfway thru second week, I'm still being really good, think drinking water is helping. Went out for a family meal and was shocked by lack of healthy options. Spoke to waitress and she helped by asking chef if I could have the healthier option of a meal. Got friends due this weekend for a BBQ so that's easier to do healthy options . Went to aqua aerobics this week and will go to Zumba at the weekend. Feeling quite positive despite husband eating takeaways, crisps etc in front of me. Keep it going everyone! X
How are you getting on with giving up your coffees, couldn't you swap to skinny cap and use sweetener? I know its not the same but you can still get your coffee hit.  Night shifts are messing up my routine and I am having to be so careful I don't go off track x
If I drink "healthy" coffee at home-I will end up cheating and drink a White Chocolate Mocha when I go out with hubby or go to the mall or someone offers to buy me coffee at a staffmeet...etc. My coffee cravings does wierd things to self control.If I just flat out refuse to drink any-it works out better that way. So far its been good. Like I haven't had any for 3 days. I drink black tea with citrus or a little bit of whip=much healthier. I am still working out. My diet has not gone to crap. I have been sticking to a small portions/low sugar low carb. I quit my flat belly thing though-its got too much cheese and milk and I am lactose intolerant. Nights suck period.
Hi everyone!  I'm a 42 year old disabled US Sailor. I messed up my back while I was on Active Duty. Because I continued to eat like I did when I was very physically active, I went over a huge weight milestone for me. 280 lbs.

I watched my calorie intake for the first two weeks of this year, and then reduced it. No "cutting" something specific out (I'm on the wagon - no alcohol - but that isn't due to a diet [along with tea/coffee/tobacco]) and I'm already at the 275 marker.  It has all been due to reduction of calories.

Help hold me accountable. Would like to be back to my old weight when I was in the Navy: 200. Setting a date of December 1st.
Welcome papa John.    See what you mean about coffees Tanya. It's hard isn't it. I live in Perth, au so at the moment it's summer so it's easier to eat salads etc. went for a long walk by the river which actually felt nice- unusual for me to say that :-). Still struggling to find high protein low carb foods. I think I'm picking a healthy option because it's low calories then it turns out that it has a fair amount of carbs and fat according to the diet diary tracker! X
Welcome papaJ. I am USmilitary(active Air Force though)--currently at Landstuhl, Germany. Its nice to see a vet on here. I worked out today and had a fair diet day although I might have had a little icecream earlier:) Mostly I was good. I thought we might start sharing what foods we have been using as main staples.
Breakfast has been yogurt/fruit or eggs with veggies
I have been eating Gortons fish-grilled tilapia or grilled fillets with grape tomatoes and zuchini and onion.
At work, I am too lazy to actually bring stuff in, so I eat the Burger King Salad with crispy chicken and I dont eat any dressing.Happy dieting
Breakfast for me is fruit and probiotic yogurt,
lunch depends on where I am - maybe a small tin of tuna and some tomatoes or salad, or homemade soup- my favorite one at the moment is butternut squash and red pepper :-)
Evening meal-have been eating a lot of stir frays with turkey, have also been making turkey and chicken burgers with mince, a tablespoon or two of gluten free breadcrumbs and sometimes veg added in.  I have been eating a lot of vegetarian food and made a great chickpea and cauliflower curry the other night. It's just hard to accurately add the calories to the diet tracker!

Have. Fair amount of weight to lose so trying to keep variety.
Hi I'm 31 no kids but need some motivation I have to lose about 100 pounds but gonna take it slow and easy my plan is to lose 50 lbs by July I hope!
I'm 22 next month and also looking for a weight loss buddy :)
We are all trying to lose some wt here. So let us know what you are trying and if it is working:) Today I had an ok diet day, still no coffee and this will be like 7 days without coffee. I even took the kids to their favorite place, Kinderspiel which had a great cappuccino. I did not order one. I was def thinking about it though. Couldn't let all this good dieting go down. N E way talk to you guys laters.T
I had a pretty good diet day. I actually ran in this freezing German weather! You guys would probably laughed if you saw, I had my big wool jacket running around the track. But I sort of like running. Treadmill/eliptical just doesn't do it like actual running.  Working nights messes with my diet. Like I never know if I should be eating or not. I usually eat breakfast/lunch/dinner at appropriate times. But on nights, I sleep during the night (if I don't have to work) and during the day. So if I wake up during the day, I eat, and if I wake up during the night I eat!
Not good, right? But I am trying to stay with healthy snacks. Happy dieting.
I really need to step up the exercise.  Need to give myself a kick up the ***. Diet going well but need to speed up my weight loss. Hope you are all doing well x
So it's day 5 of my diet and i have completely cut out white bread, cheese, chocolate and fizzy drinks. I'm eating a lot more fruit and actually drinking water ... Only 2 cups a day so far which is good for me because I'm really not overly keen on the stuff, I work voluntary in a school as a t.a but my other job is a cleaner so i have been burning off loads of calories at work and I've been trying to walk for an hour a day, I'm feeling better in myself already (not so sluggish) how is everyone else's going? Xx
Sianyxx your diet sounds similar to mine. Almost fin week 3. Diet is going well just need to up my exercise.  Bought new trainers today so have got  no excuse now.  
Yes I know what you mean for me the eating healthier is easier than the exercise I spent today doing coursework but went on the wii fit for 45 minutes just so I did something today, was surprisingly good. I would go running but I don't have the confidence yet so will stick to the confines of my own room haha unless im cleaning at work or going for a long walk :) finding it particularly hard to cut out dr pepper :/ but its got to be done, well done for nearly completing  week 3 :) that's really good xx
Yup! I remember. Dr Pepper is soo hard to kick.Took forever. Motrin for the caffiene headaches. Good dieting all.
So had my first week weigh in today and have lost 4lbs :) it's a start x
Hi. I am Filip, 28. Four months ago broke my leg, and... gain weight. 124kg now (273lbs), and my goal is to lose 50 pounds in the next 3 months. No strictly diet program, just reducing calories, carbs too, more proteins than usual. Jumping rope, punching bag, and little bit of lifting weights right now... Just found this medhelp.org and its a nice place to find a lot of useful tips, count those calories, and get motivation... So Lets Go...:))
Sianyxx-congrats on losing 4lbs. Welcome Flip! Had an awesome dieting day today. I have cut out coffee and soda now I have been trying to cut sugar and carbs more and more. 3 weeks and sadly the scale hasn't even moved : (. But I always knew I had stubborn fat. Just have to keep going at it.
Day 2 and 2lbs down... I know its just a water but still... good for motivation tho...
Hi everyone!
Reading everyone's comments is really giving me the motivation to keep going with this. This time I want to stick to it! Have just got the app for phone today, really great that we can all motivate eachother!

K
Hi all, diet continuing to go well, have been cutting back even more this week because I'm going on a day out on sat so going to relax the diet for that day. Hope you are all doing well C
Greetings from Germany.  Diet is going well. Went to the Gym today and did the elyptical thing. I keep wanting to run outside--then it starts to snow! Never fails. I just am not dedicated enough to jog through snow flurries-I'd probably fall on my butt anyway. The locals have no problem with it. I have been eating avacado, seems to keep me full and its supposed to really healthy. Although I haven't lost any weight, I am starting to look a little slimmer I think and I don't miss coffee anymore. Good luck with your diets all and  keep us posted.
Hi im shazeen im 22 and trying to lose my last 20 pounds to reach my goal weight! Im currently 140 pounds and have been stuck at this number for months...its a blessing and a curse lol but im thankful im not gaining weight. I got tired of losing weight when i hit a plateau and am back.in the game since i will be getting married in 2 months!!
I just signed up so I'm still learning how this works but I'm a 24 single mom to a handsome 4 year old boy and I'm lookin to loose some weight, ok by some I mean at least 40 or so lol I always try but then get discouraged so if anyone needs a a buddy let me know ! Good luck ladies
Hi guys! This diet thing is working out ok for me. So far today I had eggs this morn and  then fish and veggies. Then later  2 tangarines . But the real challenge is yet to come. I have a night shift and we don't have many patients ..boredom +snackfund 10feet away==total diet failure. I have only been here 1hour and half but I am trying to gulp down this green tea to make me full.
Hi, my name is Grace. I can give you my Kik username if you want.
Looks like I'm kind of late to this party, I'll join anyway, if no one minds.  

I see I'm a lot older than all of you, but that doesn't really matter; we all have the same issues.

I never had a weight problem until my thyroid quit working a few years ago, and I gained about 30 lbs in < 2 months.  I've struggled every since to get it off, no matter how good my thyroid levels are. Over the past 5 years, I've put on an additional 15 lbs, which seems to totally stuck.......

For anyone who is really struggling, I'll always recommend ruling out a medical reason for weight gain/inability to lose, because I tried, very hard, to lose prior to being diagnosed hypo and it was a losing battle until I got proper treatment.

I don't follow a specific diet, or calorie count, but I do stick with lean protein, "good" (complex) carbs, "good" fats, brown rice, whole grains, etc; I use stevia for a sweetner ...... I drink as much water as I can tolerate every day.  I don't eat sugar and limit bread as much as possible.

My husband is a major "diet stopper", because he's very thin and loves places like McDonald's and other fast food restaurants, where the food is laden with grease and salt.

I do have a huge problem with fluid retention, which can cause  my weight to fluctuate 3-6 pounds/day or over the course of a day.  Grrrrr
I forgot to mention that if I completely cut out my favorite foods, I eventually end up feeling deprived and binge on them, which completely derails any progress I  might have made.  I find that a small piece of chocolate, or a spoon of mashed potatoes, a couple of chips, etc, now and then satisfies the need to have certain things, without causing me to go overboard.
Hey barb-I have some of the same problems you listed! My hubby refuses to care about healthy food. In fact he often laughs at me like when everyone went to mcd's-- I made him stop at the fruit market so I could run in and get an apple. But hey we gottabe strong Barb. The road to wt loss is not paved with Big Macs.
I definitely find that if I am too strict with my diet and wont eat any carbs-then I will have some sort of binge fest especially if I am at work. I have tried to just switch to dark chocolate. German dark chocolate is pretty good especially if you dip in peanut butter. Well happy dieting guys.
Hi, I'm 22 too. No babies here but really need to lose some weight too. Could do with some motivation. I'm considering weight loss surgery at CODS India. Before that trying to lose some naturally.
Happy Valentine's day--Still trying to eat healthy and exercise. Yesterday I ran around the block and went to the Gym but today its so cold that I barely want to walk into the Gym from my car. I will though. I think I need to ramp up my Gym time a little and really try to sweat. Otherwise-staying to egg/sveggies/fish/ whole grains & limiting the sugar as much as a person can. I ordered a book called the Belly Fat cure by Jorge cruise. Mail takes forever to get here. But once it does I want to try his take on the diet thing. As far I can tell-he's pretty much Anti-sugar. Which is what I am. So we'll see mabe he'll finally help me start to lose weight.
Thanks for the Valentine wishes, but alas I'm married (very happily to boot)!!   ;-)

That device that measures the physical pull from the earth on my being (also known as a scale) showed that I'm now under 260!!!  Whoo Hoooo!  

All I have been doing is using an app on my phone that helps me track my calorie intake, and how many calories I burn (if I exercise - which isn't that much). Been keeping my total calorie count under 1780 and it has been working.  I have noticed that the fruits / vegetables intake has gone up just because they are lower in calories.  Eating the Whopper Jr vs the Huge Calorie intake of the larger size burger.

Hope others are finding a way that is working for them and are reaching the weight goals that have been set.

PapaJohn
My name is alyse I'm 24 and mother to two wonderful kid annalee 3 kaleb 16 months sense kaleb I've had a really hard time losing the weight I just started a strict diet and excersise plan and have lost about three lbs in two weeks not going quiet as fast as I'd like but some weight loss is better then none I would love a buddy to help keep me motivated and going so feel free to be motivated right back
Here I am at work on nightshift again. Last night was not a good diet night. People keep bringing in sugary treats and next thing I know, I am on diet failure! I had two choc brownies last night. So I was happy to see that there were no more goodies when I came in today. UNTIL just now when a nother nurse brought in cookies for pete's sake, its 1025 at night--we don't need chocolate chip cookies!
Guess what I finally lost a little weight! only 3lbs but I have been 143 for a very very long time. Now officially 140. Mabe its just water wt but it gives me hope. 6weeks=3lbs. By May I should be down to 134. That would be extra nice.I hope everyone here is finding their own diet happiness:} T
Business_woman3
I am 45 and the Mother of three children two in college and an 8yr old at home. I work full time and I am finishing my bachelor's degree. I need to loose around 30lbs to be at a healthy weight and feel better about my self. Not to mention have the energy to keep up with my 8yr old. My finance' is very thin and loves all food that is horrible for me, McDonald's, Take out Chinese, Pizza, cake..... So I can't talk to him about weight loss because he is very thin and eats whatever he wants. Looking forward to having people to share and learn over this weight loss journey. I have set a goal for my 35 lbs of September 1.
Hi am anxious to find a buddy also. Will be here for you. How do you get on this friends area in here?  Anyone know?
I'm 31, mommy to 2 trying to lose about 30 lbs by nov for my brothers wedding. Any help appreciated :)
So its been awhile since I checked in, but it looks like nobody has really been checking in so..for myself I have been doing ok. I haven't lost a lot of wt but my eating habits have gotten better. I have been exploring the world of salads and its really not so bad. My stomach has gotten a little smaller. So I have a Fitness test upcoming in June and I officially started to train for it. Ran for like 30minutes today since the sun was out! I did my insanity workout yesterday. If you have never tried Insanity, its like P90X. Anyways I use it now and then if its too cold to run.  So how's everybody else? T
Hello I'm 22year old mommy of two kids and looking to lose about 30lbs I put on with my last child:/. I need a diet buddy as im useless to this sort of thing lol :)