Weight Loss & Dieting Community
why dose your

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

why dose your

weight seem to go up throw out the day and shold i worrie about this please help lol
no you should NOT worry about it!! Everything i have heard and learned here every1 says your weight fluctuates within 2 lbs of you weight so if going up and down is no problem!! If its more than 2lbs from normal then maybe!! But fluctuation is normal! Thats why we all say that we weigh ourselves first thing when we wake up b4 anything then you get your true weight!!
The fluctuation in your weight is very likely be fluid buildup and is generally nothing to worry about so far as your weight is concerned; however, if there is excessive swelling in your feet and hands, etc, you should talk to your doctor about it as it could be a sign of other health issues.  

It's best to only weight yourself once/day, but I've experimented with weighing a couple times throughout the day and it's not unusual to be several pounds heavier in the evening that I was in the morning - it's just fluid buildup and usually goes down over night.  

Getting enough exercise and drinking plenty of water will help.  
Yes I agree with Barb, only weigh yourself once a day. The best time to weigh yourself is in the morning, before you eat anything and after you go to the bathroom. If you weigh yourself after you've been eating and drinking throughout the day, you weight will definitely fluctuate by a few pounds, but all that is is fluid retention and your undigested food!

Honestly, I don't recommend weighing yourself more than once a week. Twice max. There's really no reason to weigh yourself more than that. Your weight can fluctuate throughout the week and it will drive you crazy to see the number going up and down every day. Choose a day of the the week to have your weekly weigh ins. For me, it's every Monday. And again, only weigh yourself in the morning before you eat or drink anything. Weighing yourself once a week will keep track of your progress and will be a more accurate way to view how much you've actually lost as opposed to weighing in every day (especially multiple times throughout the day)
yes it is normal. i normally wont weigh myself everyday because i feel it puts pressure on myself, thinking that i gained when i actually haven't. i weigh every sunday morning after the bathroom and before i eat and drink anything. your wwight will also change if you eat something high in sodium too.
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
KTowne commented on photo
KTowne commented on KeeLolo's status
KTowne commented on photo
Track your weight over time