Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Expert Forum
10 years after gastric... facing new issues

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

...Not sure if i'm in the right forum, but here it goes.... I had gastric over 10 years ago... I successfully lost almost 200lbs and have maintained a weight of 115lbs for the last 4 years....HOWEVER....i have been having problems putting on weight...a couple of years ago, i was diagnosed with Achalasia and i am still having problems swallowing (not to mention the malabsorbtion)....Anyone?
My aunt had the same thing and they had to go back in and put her stomach back together. It had gotten corroded to we're she was getting no food into her stomach. Possibly go back to the doctor who done your surgery and let him know ur problems.