Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Expert Forum
Blood clots and hcg hormone

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

Blood clots and hcg hormone

I recently started on the hcg diet, and feel fine - but I read somewhere that it can cause blood clots.  18 years ago, I lost a baby due to blood clots in the placenta, and was on blood thinners for the next two, and had healthy babies.  I was never actually diagnosed with anything, but my OB said to take a baby aspirin every day for the rest of my life.  A few years ago, my current Dr. said that I didn't need to do that, but did not do any blood work.  Now that I have started the hcg drops every day, I'm just worried.  Was it the hcg in my body during pregnancy that caused the blood clots, or is it usually something else that causes blood clots in the placenta?