Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Expert Forum
Exercise for Arthritis, limited walking

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

Exercise for Arthritis, limited walking
Can you please give me some things I can do to help me tone up as I lose weight?  My doctor tells me that I cannot work out/lift weights, and I'm unable to walk far due to my feet.

I'm not able to drive at this point.

Thank you!
There are a lot of great exercises that you can do in your own living room that can help you tone and strengthen your core.  Yoga might be a good choice for you - it can improve your balance and your muscle tone without being hard on joints.  An easy start would be a to rent a yoga DVD to see what you think!