Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle Expert Forum
Gaining While Dieting/Recovering ED
About This Forum:

Questions in the Weight Loss & Healthy Lifestyle forum are being answered by James Beckerman, MD, Cardiologist. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to: cooking tricks, diet books, exercise tips, fad diets, fitness, health and hype, healthy role modeling for children, living a "green" lifestyle, medical treatments for obesity, metabolic syndrome, obesity, restaurants, smoking cessation, supplements, surgical treatments for obesity, trends in dieting, weight-related medical conditions

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Gaining While Dieting/Recovering ED

I am currently recovering from an eating disorder.  I have been doing the South Beach Diet for 2 months.  I have been on plan 100% but have gained 13+ pounds.  I am doing the 30 Day Shred DVD daily along with other exercises.  I know I have screwed up my metabolism and it will take me a lot longer to see results.  I am thrilled to be recovering and not in the control of food and eating 24/7...but I am really having a hard time sticking with it when all I do is gain.  I do not want to go back to binge/purge/lax abuse.  It is not because I am at a normal weight.  I am 5'7" and currently weigh 157.  I would be happy to stay at 140.  Any ideas?